22nd January 2014, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and subjects to study after 10th for Indian Foreign Service?

my daughter is 10th std. IGCSE board, she is not very keen Engeering or Mediciin, we want her to be in Indian Foreign Service, what is the procedure, what is that she has to study after 10th, kindly guide us.

shobha prasad

10th March 2014, 11:16 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure and subjects to study after 10th for Indian Foreign Service?

I.F.S ---- Indian Foreign Services

IFS is basically deals with the diplomacy,cultural relations,trade,and external affairs and more.And IFS is mainly responsible for the activities of Indian missions abroad,administration,implementation of the foreign policy and more.Basically foreign services includes the policy formulation,representation and promotion of the country,planning and implementation and more.

Some of the various services included in the Indian Forest services are Junior Administrative grade,Senior administrative grade,selection grade IV,Senior time scale and Junior Time scale and more.Some of the various main functions are such as promoting the friendly relations with the receiving states and some of the functions are of multilateral organizations,legal matters,disarmament,Indian Diaspora and more.Indian Foreign Service is a central services and is the premier diplomatic drives of India.

To prepare for the IFS exam,you need to go for the General studies which consists of the concepts such as constitutions of India and Indian polity,Geography of India,History of modern India and Indain culture,current national issues and social relevance and more.In the paper II of General studies consist of the concepts such as India’s Economic interaction with the world,India and the worldInternatonal affairs and institutions,statistical analysis,graphic and diagrams,Development in the field of science and technology,IT and space and more.
30th May 2014, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure and subjects to study after 10th for Indian Foreign Service?

What subjects i have to study after 10 to become Indian Foreign Service officer
10th June 2014, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

i just finished my b.com and i want to write my indian foreign service exam, i just want to know the subjects i have to study and if i have option to choose my subjects?
11th June 2015, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose after 10th to become an Indian Foreign Service officer?
21st February 2016, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

kindly advise the subjects to be taken after 10th to pursue career in Indian foreign services
8th April 2016, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

I am in studying in 12 standerd humanities and I goal to a indian foreign service officer please tell me I want to be become a indian foreign officer
17th November 2016, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

After completing 10th, which stream has to be taken arts or science for Indian foreign service?
30th April 2017, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

What course to take after passing class 10 with humanities to become an Indian foreign service officer?
23rd May 2017, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Which course should be pursued after tenth and which course would be the base for opting Indian foreign service
9th June 2017, 07:17 AM
Unregistered

Currently i am studying in class 9th. I have set my goal to be IFS officers. Am ready to for hard study. What are the courses i have to do after 10th . Should i study 11th and 12th or puc 1st and 2nd?? What subject should i choose in degree . What preparations can i start from now?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?