12th January 2016, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

What is the Eligibility for civil services?

I do complete my graduation with dicipline Bsc-IT from punjab tecnical university,jalandhar. I want to prepare myself for civil services with subjects political science and public administration.for same please give me guidence

13th January 2016, 09:25 AM
userdefined

Default Re: What is the Eligibility for civil services?

B.Sc in IT is enough if you want to pursue career in Civil Service in India as it expecs the candidate to be a degree holder irrespective of the discipline. There is no need to do any further studies instead concentrate on the syllabus for Civil Service. UPSC conducts civil service exam every year during the month of July-August. Exam notifications will be made in the month of May month every year. It is conducted for the post of IAS, IPS, IFS and many others posts.

Eligibility:

-Should be Citizen of India.
-Should be a Degree Holder
-Age Limit: 21-32 years ( relaxation for reserved candidates)
13th January 2016, 10:40 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Examination:

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services Recruitment Examination is "Graduate Degree" in any discipline or its equivalent bachelor Degree from a recognized institute/ university. Since you have completed B.Sc in IT from Punjab Technical University, I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in Civil Services Examination. Yes, you can take any of the given optional subjects to give Civil Services Examination paper. I strongly suggest you to take the help of best coaching institute for writing Civil Services Examination. To score well, you are compulsorily required to join best coaching institute. Here are the best coaching institutes offer Civil Services Examination in Punjab.

>> The Vision IAS Study

>> Brilliant Tutorials Private Limited

>> IAS Today Institute

>> Career Launcher

>> Destination IAS Academy
13th January 2016, 12:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I do complete my graduation with dicipline Bsc-IT from punjab tecnical university,jalandhar. I want to prepare myself for civil services with subjects political science and public administration.for same please give me guidence
If you have completed B.Sc in IT then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
13th January 2016, 05:20 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination after graduation degree as you have completed your degree. The examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

You are also eligible to select the optional paper other than the graduation discipline to appear for examination but there is only one choice of optional paper, so you can select either political or public administration.

The detail about examination is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th January 2016, 06:37 PM
kantraman

For civil sevices you should be simple graduate with more than 50% marks.If you want to achieve civil service then increase your general knowledge of india with geography and subject knowledge.Nothing is the special requirement for civil sevices.
13th January 2016, 07:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You will be definitely eligible for Civil services exam after completion of your B.Sc IT degree. Just make sure that your age is between 21 to 32 years when you are applying for admission.

Selection will be based on the performance in the CSAT, Mains and interview stages. You can opt your subject according to your interest and preparation is up to you.
13th January 2016, 10:04 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for Civil Services :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • Age of candidate must be from 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in age is there as per government norms.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
13th January 2016, 10:46 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the exam for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officer every year. You want to prepare for the civil services exam. Following are the eligibility criteria for this exam.

Educational qualification: Student must possess a graduation degree from a recognized university.

Age Limit: 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit will be given to reserved category students.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by interview.

**Based on the marks obtained by the student in Mains and interview, rank is decided.
13th January 2016, 11:45 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The eligibility to appear for civil services examination is a pass in graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university. The UPSC is conducting civil services examinations. The upper age limit is 32 years (OBC- 35 years and SC/ST – 37 years). There are Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam and Interview. The aspirant has to clear the preliminary exams first to appear for Mains. the UPSC conducts examination every year. The UPSC website link is given
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
14th January 2016, 08:50 PM
Gobinda Sen

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services :

Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Candidate must have passed Graduation from any recognized university.

Age is between 21 to 32 years.

ST/SC gets 5 years age relaxation.

OBC gets 3 years age relaxation.

PH gets 10 years age relaxation.

No of Attempts :

6 times for general candidate.

9 times for OBC candidate.

No limit for ST/SC

Selection process :

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

You can check for more details : www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you.
16th January 2016, 12:02 AM
ranu shahi

B.Sc in IT is sufficient on the off chance that you need to seek after vocation in Civil Service in India as it expecs the possibility to be a degree holder independent of the order. There is no compelling reason to do any further studies rather focus on the syllabus for Civil Service. UPSC conducts common administration exam consistently amid the month of July-August. Exam notices will be made in the month of May month consistently. It is led for the post of IAS, IPS, IFS and numerous others posts.

Qualification:

- Should be Citizen of India.

- Should be a Degree Holder

- Age Limit: 21-32 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?