5th September 2014, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

What I have to do to become a Custom Officer?

Now im studying bcom tt.my dream was to become a customs officer.i want to know to become a customs officer what i have to do?

9th September 2014, 12:26 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What I have to do to become a Custom Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now im studying bcom tt.my dream was to become a customs officer.i want to know to become a customs officer what i have to do?

The eligibility needed for becoming a Custom Officer is that the you should satisfy the Nationality,Age limit and education qualification.

The Nationality standard needed for the exam states that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India and the age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have above 19 years of age.Regarding the education qualification needed for the exam it is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university.The candidate should have a Driving Licence

If you satisfy them all then you can join in as a Custom Officer.

Regards
~Jxsab~
12th March 2015, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I am commerce without maths student I cam eligible to become custom office??
1st April 2015, 01:59 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become a Customs Officer you have to write SSC CGL Examination.There by you have a chance to apply for the Various job posts according to your preferences and More over there is a exam called CHSL ,you can become a Assistant in Customs Office.

For CGL you should have completes the Graduation and for CHSL you need to complete 12 th from a recognized university.

The selection process for CHSL is 1.Written Examination

2.Typing Test
11th April 2015, 05:03 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

There is a way to become Customs Officer in India which is mentioned below :

SSC - Staff Selection Commission Conducts Combined Graduate Level Examination for Group B and Group C level posts in various central government's departments and Customs and Excise is one of the central government departments in which employees are recruited through SSC CGL examination so you need to crack this examination then only you can think of becoming Customs Officer.

Other than this, you can enter through IAS examination for higher rank because if you qualify IAS exam for final selection then you may prefer Customs and Excise as your first preference and become Customs and Excise IAS Officer in India so this job will be better than that of CGL examination so choice depends on you which one you choose.

Local state governments also conduct separate recruitment examination to appoint officers in this field but this it the department of central government so I would suggest you to choose SSC CGL examination because you can achieve success in short time rather than IAS examination and it will definitely be in your favour at every single stage.

First of all apply for CGL exam and appear for Tier I test and Tier I is consist of following subjects :

>> General Intelligence and Reasoning - 50 questions for 50 marks.
>> Quantitive Aptitude - 50 questions for 50 marks.
>> English Language - 50 questions for 50 marks.
>> General Awareness - 50 questions for 50 marks.

Total number of questions 200 (objective type) for 200 marks.

All those candidates will be considered eligible for Tier II exam who qualifies Tier I successfully.

Tier II examination is consist of following subjects :

>> Quantitive Aptitude and General Mathematics - 100 questions for 200 marks.
>> English Language and Comprehension - 200 questions for 200 marks.

Qualifying in Tier II is compulsory to be shortlisted for interview and Interview will be for 100 marks.

Candidate's final selection will be made on the basis of performance in Tier I, Tier II and Interview Process so you have to work harder for every stage to secure good marks and become Customs Officer.
12th April 2015, 09:52 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility required to become a Custom Officer are following:-

-UPSC conducts civil services exam for recruitment in Indian Revenue Services(Customs and Central Excise).

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree from a recognized university.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years.

-The civil services exam comprises of

* Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)

*Civil Services Main Exam

*Personality Test.
12th April 2015, 10:33 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility required to become a Custom Officer are following:-

-UPSC conducts civil services exam for recruitment in Indian Revenue Services(Customs and Central Excise).

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree from a recognized university.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years.

-The civil services exam comprises of

* Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)

*Civil Services Main Exam

*Personality Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?