4th April 2015, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

Which defence academy will I be assigned if applied for CDS exam?

Sir
I have applied for CDS exam but how
will I get confirm that to which Defence Academy
do I have applied? Kindly inform me about this.
Waiting for your reply.

6th April 2015, 11:47 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which defence academy will I be assigned if applied for CDS exam?

CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for admission to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy. In initial stage of filing the application form, there is one column, select your defence academy. You have to tick the defence academy field or you have to fill the defence academy, field depending upon that field your exam paper will be allocated to you. Even, you can see your preferences at time of issuing hall ticket or admit card. In your admit card it will be clearly mentioned what you have chosen. So, don't worry about that. Concentrate on your examination. The selection process consist of written examination, SSB Interview, physical test and medical test.
6th April 2015, 08:26 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidate will get selected in one of the following institutions for orientation training :
  • Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun
  • Naval Academy, Goa
  • Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad
  • Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai

Candidate will be sent to the academy depending on the choice indicated in the application form and merit list ranking.

Candidates applied for Indian Navy will be sent to Naval Academy, Goa.
Candidates applied for Indian Air Force will be sent to Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad.

Candidates applied for OTA and IMA will get the same respectively.

Written exam for OTA is different than that of other three, as mathematics is excluded from it.
Also , Candidates passed out from OTA will get short service commission while others will get permanent commission.

Note : If you are not selected in merit list then you will not be able to get admission in any academy.
11th April 2015, 01:14 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I have applied for CDS exam but how
will I get confirm that to which Defence Academy
do I have applied? Kindly inform me about this.
Waiting for your reply.

The CDS Exam (Combined Defence Service) is a defence service exam being conducted by UPSC every year as CDS I and CDS II. This exam offers candidates to join in defence forces of India such as:
  • Indian Military Academy
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air Force
  • Officer Training Academy

You can join in any of these forces, if at all you satisfy the qualification needed for the respected posts.

Nationality:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

Age Limit:
  • For IMA : 19-24 years
  • For Indian Navy : 19-22 years
  • For Indian Air Force : 19-23 years
  • For OTA : 19-25 years

Educational Qualification:

# For IMA & OTA candidate need to have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream

# For Indian Navy the candidate need to have completed a Engineering degree from a recognized university.

# For Indian Air Force candidate need to have completed a degree with physics and mathematics as subjects.

Physical Standard:

If you want to know more regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th April 2015, 11:00 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service is the examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year . The eligibility criteria is :-
Graduation passed candidates can apply for:-
Indian Air Force.
Naval Academy.
Officer's Training Academy.
Indian Military Academy .
For different institutions there is different requirements in the graduation discipline and the age criteria :-

IMA & OTA :- The graduation from any discipline is required. But the age of candidates must be 19-25 and 19-24 respectively.
Naval Academy:- Graduation from Engineering discipline and age should be 19-22 years .
Indian Air Force :-Graduation from physics or mathematics or engineering . The age must be between 19-23 years .

The examination is taken in two parts :-
Written.
SSB .
The candidates have to qualify in both for the joining . Only selected from written are allowed to go for SSB .
11th April 2015, 05:03 PM
poojasingh151

CDS stands for the Combined Defense Services. This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times every year.

Candidates who clear the written test and service selection board exam, are selected for the different academies like:

~~Indian Military Academy.

~~Air Force Academy.

~~Officer's Training Academy.

~~Naval Academy.

When you will the application form, you are asked to select your choices in which academy would you like to join first as per your preference academy is alloted to you if clear the exam.

Bachelor's degree in any stream is required for IMA and OTA but for AFA and INA bachelor's degree in science or engineering is required.

If you want any kind of other details regarding CDS then click here
12th April 2015, 09:06 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

-UPSC conduct CDS(Combined Defense Services) exam every year to recruit personnel in different wings of Indian army.
UPSC conducts CDS(Combined Defense Services) exam every year for recruitment in different wings of Indian Army.

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-For CDS exam,the age limit are following:-

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-The qualification required for

Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy-Graduation in any discipline.

Indian Naval Academy-Bachelor of Engineering.

Indian Air Force Academy-10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

You are eligible to apply for any of the three wings of Indian Army when you satisfy the eligibility criteria needed for that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?