18th November 2014, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?

Hello
What is IFS? indian forest service or indian foreign service?
I want indian forest service. when i pass UPSC IFS Exam,
which one i will get-indian forest service
or indian foreign service.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the full form of IFS? Its Indian Forest Service or Indian Foreign Service? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Would the BA degree from Vinayak Mission University, Salem be considered for government jobs in India?
  3. Information about Indian Forest Service Exam? Any Training institutes for IFS exam preparation?
  4. What is the job of Indian Foreign Service Officer? What is the syllabus and which are the scoring subjects?
  5. How to find a career in Forest Department other than by IFS Exam and IIFM being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Chemical Engineering?
  6. Can I become an IAS, IFS if I am a medical student?
  7. How can I prepare for IFS exam? What is the syllabus? What is the qualification?
  8. How can I prepare for UPSC?
  9. Indian Forest Service, Physics Paper II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Will I be eligible for UPSC to join IFS being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  11. Will there be any Height criteria to join IPS and IFS? Which Books to follow for Zoology for IFS Exam?
  12. Any possibility to appear for IAS and IFS exam?
  13. How can I appear in Indian Foreign Service exam? Reference books for the preparation? Does IFS conducts Preliminary exam?
  14. Easy way of preparation for Indian Forest Service exam? Is there any IFS job in Tamil Nadu? Major coaching centres in Tamil Nadu?
  15. Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?
  16. Can I appear for IFS Exam being a BNYS Doctor?
  17. Eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service for B.Sc General graduate? -- [New]
  18. How can I become an IPS officer? I want to become a Gazetted Officer
19th November 2014, 07:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
What is IFS? indian forest service or indian foreign service?
I want indian forest service. when i pass UPSC IFS Exam,
which one i will get-indian forest service
or indian foreign service.
IFS stands for Indian Forest Service.This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

This exam is conducted for recruiting the officer of forest.

Those candidate who have completed graduation degree in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

IFS exam consists of two stages -

(A) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)

The examination will consist of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.

(B) Main Examination (written and interview)

The Main Examination will consist of written examination and interview test. The written exam consists of the following papers.

1. Paper I – General English 300 marks

2. Paper II – General Knowledge 300 marks

3. Papers III, IV, V and VI.-The two subjects from the list of optional subjects listed in paragraph 2. Each subject will have two papers, 200 marks for each paper.
Paper Subject Maximum Marks

Paper-I : General English 300

Paper-II : General Knowledge 300

Paper-III : Optional subject I, II 200

Paper-IV : Optional subject III, IV 200

Paper-V : Optional subject V, VI 200

Paper-VI : Optional subject VII, VIII 200

Total Marks 1400

For more details about IFS exam, you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th April 2015, 04:08 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?

IFS stands for Indian Forest Services. UPSC conducts IFS exam for recruiting officers in Forest Department.The eligibility to apply for IFS exam are mentioned below:-

-The candidate either must be a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal,Bhutan,a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit for reserved categories,i.e.,
*for OBC-3 years
*for SC/ST-5 years.

-The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects:

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry, Agriculture Engineering, Forestry Engineering.

-The number of attempts for the exam are;

● General candidates: four attempts.

● Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.

● Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.
9th April 2015, 09:16 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Recruitment to Indian Foreign Services is done through Civil Services examinations. Since you have mentioned that you are interested to join Indian Forest Services.

You will have to appear for Indian Forest Services exam.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Forest Services exam is as below:

Candidate must have done bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects like Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or Zoology.

Even if you have bachelor's degree in engineering or agriculture or forestry then also you are eligible for exam.

The age limit is 21-30 years with upper age relaxed for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

For any more details about IFS exam, click here
15th April 2015, 06:47 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

IFS stands for Indian Forests services. After clearing the IAS exam you will be given a post in the forests services and not in the foreign services. Now lets decide a road map for you-

1) Start reading newspaper everyday. Subscribe to "THE HINDU". No other newspaper.

2) You can opt some of your field subjects in the optional category of the paper.

3) But, GEOGRAPHY, HISTORY, POLITY needs to be given time. Start taking time for this right away. Go through NCERT. Make a goal to read at least half chapter each day. Since you have 3 years so you have a lot of time.

4) In the final year, i do recommend you to join some coaching class. Its not that you will gain knowledge there. But your knowledge will be brushed up and also the competitive surroundings will accelerate your chances to clear the exam.

5) For now, focus on Newspaper and general knowledge. Stay connected to world and also do focus on your technical(if any) subjects. Those will also fetch you marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?