26th August 2013, 10:38 AM
aniketkedare

How can I prepare for UPSC?

how to prepare for UPSC ?
and most Important, I want IFS (Indian Foreign Service) how does UPSC select candidate for these post .. by merit or we have to choose the post ?

28th June 2015, 08:21 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for UPSC?

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission and it is the body which conducts the examination for the different officer post in India.

Among all the examination conducted by the UPSC the most common is the Civil Services examination conducted every year. The examination is a common examination for the recruitment of officers as IAS, IPS and IFS etc...

The eligibility is graduation passed candidate from any recognized university in any discipline with the age between 21-30 years as for general are eligible.

The examination is conducted in three stages as the :-
* Preliminary
* Mains.
* Interview.

It is some how tough to crack the examination as every year about 4lakh candidate appear and only 1200-1500 hundred clear it. So you have to work hard.

Generally to qualify it is compulsory to have read and understand NCERT books from class VII-XII all subjects. Better knowledge of Optional paper, English Comprehension, Politics and Economy of Neighbouring countries. So work hard to get the success.

Recruitment on the different posts are on the basis of merit list or rank created by the performance in the Mains and Interview.

For more information click on www.upsc.gov.in.
28th June 2015, 11:57 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for UPSC?

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission and it takes the examination for the various officer posts within the country and as a Foreign Service.

The UPSC conducts the examination from the 10+2 level as the NDA and SCRA. But it is difficult to crack the examination of the UPSC.

The candidate have to go through the different stages of the Civil Services examination for the final selection of the candidate in the services.
Stage I - Preliminary ( qualifying paper).
Stage II- Mains.
Stage III - Interview.

The candidate are offered the various posts according to there performance in the last two stages.

So you have to perform well to get the IFS. For information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.

The application for the 2015 is closed and the first stage of the examination will be on the 23rd August.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?