7th February 2017, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum height required for Indian Army? Can I join with 162 cms of height?

I was born in Maharashtra and have a height of 162 cms. Can I join Indian army as an officer. I have heard that minimum height requirements are variable according to the region you hail from.

7th February 2017, 07:18 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum height required for Indian Army? Can I join with 162 cms of height?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army, if your are 162 cms tall. The minimum height required to join Indian Army is 152 cms. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board and those who are in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
7th February 2017, 10:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum height required for Indian Army? Can I join with 162 cms of height?

Anyone wishing to join Indian Army as an officer should appear for CDS exam. Yes, you are eligible for Indian Army as per your height.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services Exam .

UPSC conducts CDS exam twice a year to make recruitment in the Indian Defense Services.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the CDS exam are as under :-

The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy is Graduation in any discipline,Bachelor of Engineering for Indian Naval Academy and 10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering for Indian Air Force Academy.

-The age limit to apply for Indian Military Academy is from 19 years to 24 years,for Indian Naval Academy,it is from 19 years to 22 years,for Indian Air Force Academy,it is from 19 years to 23 years and for Officer's Training Academy,it is from 19 years to 25 years .

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

Physical requirements to join Indian Army :

Height : 157 cm for male and 152 cm for female

Eye sight : 6/6 for good eye and 6/12 for worst eye without color blindness .

Chest :77 cm without expansion and 82 cm with expansion.

-The candidate should not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes.

-The selection process involves of

* Written Exam

* Interview by Services Selection Board.
7th February 2017, 10:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Minimum Height Required for Indian Army Officer recruitment:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned you are eligible to join as an Officer in Indian Army with the above mentioned height criteria. The basic eligibility criteria required to join Indian Army is as follows.

>> If you join Indian Army through SSB, then here are the physical standards that are required.

* Minimum Height required for Male candidates - 157.5 cms

* Minimum Height required for Female candidates - 152 cms

>> As you are with 162 cms, you are eligible to join Indian Army
8th February 2017, 11:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was born in Maharashtra and have a height of 162 cms. Can I join Indian army as an officer. I have heard that minimum height requirements are variable according to the region you hail from.
If you fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for Indian Army post.

Physical fitness criteria for Indian Army exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
14th July 2017, 12:08 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your height is good for joining Indian Army.Minimum height for Officer post is 157 cm
But if you want to become Inspector in paramilitary,then you are not eligible.In paramilitary,the minimum height is 170 cm.

So don't worry for​ height.
Start preparation to select in the Indian Army
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?