5th February 2016, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

What minimum qualification can get me an entry in Indian Air Force?

I am willing to join Indian Air Force as soon as possible. Right now i am doing my 11th from Science stream. But i am not really interested in my studies. I just want to get a job in IAF. So kindly guide me about the minimum qualification required for finding a job in Indian Air Force?

5th February 2016, 12:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What minimum qualification can get me an entry in Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am willing to join Indian Air Force as soon as possible. Right now i am doing my 11th from Science stream. But i am not really interested in my studies. I just want to get a job in IAF. So kindly guide me about the minimum qualification required for finding a job in Indian Air Force?
You are now in 11th standard so you are not eligible for IAF exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM subject from a recognized university are eligible for Indian Air Force exam through NDA exam.

Final year candidates also eligible for Indian Air Force exam.

Candidates age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.
5th February 2016, 06:24 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The candidate who wish to join in Indian Air Force (IAF) should take the National Defense Academy (NDA) exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

This exam is conducted for the candidates who completed their 10+2 or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as subjects from any recognized board.

As you are studying 11th standard, you are not eligible to apply for NDA exam. After the completion of 12th or equivalent you are eligible to apply for NDA exam.
5th February 2016, 06:26 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, at present you are not eligible for any job in Indian Airforce. But if you complete your 10+2 then you will be eligible for National Defence Academy Entrance exam.

NDA/NA exam is conducted by UPSC two times every year. 10+2 passed or appearing candidates can apply for this exam. For Indian AirForce, Mathematics and Physics is compulsory at 10+2 level.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years and only unmarried male India citizens can apply for exam.

So, you must continue your studies so that next year, you can apply for NDA exam for entry into Air Force.
5th February 2016, 08:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to join in Indian Air Force is that you must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board. To join in Indian Air Force, you must have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year, Eligibility criteria required to join in Indian Air Force through NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :- Indian

2. Educational Qualification :- 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board.

3. Age Limit :- 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years.

4. Gender & Martial Status :- Male & Unmarried

5. Physical Standards :- You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
5th February 2016, 11:17 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Minimum Educational Qualification Required to join Indian Air Force:

Generally the minimum educational qualification varies from exam to exam in order to join Indian Air Force. So I suggest you to follow the instructions carefully. You can join Indian Air Force in many ways and two of the best are through "National Defence Academy" and through "Combined Defence Service Examination".

For NDA (National Defence Academy) - Minimum 12th Class is required

For CDSE (Combined Defence Services Examination) - Minimum Graduation is required

As you are still pursuing 11th Class, I suggest you to concentrate on 11 and 12 classes first. Then I suggest you to apply for NDA recruitment as the minimum educational qualification is just 12th Class.
5th February 2016, 11:18 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Indian air force has its three main branches named Technical branch, Flying branch and Ground duty branch. After completion of your 12th standard from any affiliated school you can apply for the job in flying branch only. But if you want to get a job in technical branch then you must have to qualify your graduation first. You must have to score minimum of 55% marks in your graduation from any recognized institution. Being a graduate candidate you are eligible for the job in all three branches.
Along with the education qualification you must have to fulfill some physical standards also. Your chest must be well developed and should expend minimum five centimeter on full inspiration. You must not have any permanent disease. You vision should match to standard vision.
6th February 2016, 12:38 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You need to pursue 10+2 to join Indian Air Force. To join Air Force you have to qualify in NDA entrance examination.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year and the eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 with PCM as main paper for recruitment in Air Force and Navy and age between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. So, you need to qualify in two stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th February 2016, 12:20 AM
anuradha1985

If you want to join IAF(Indian Air Force) so you have to complete your 12th then you will be eligible for IAF.

Eligibility criteria for IAF:-

Candidate should be Indian.
And candidate age should be in between 16.5-19.5 years.
Candidate should be 12th pass in science stream from any recognized board.
22nd February 2017, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I join air force, my eyes vision is -1. And I don' have maths in 12th , I have financial market management in 12th and I am doing b.com now. Please guide me
16th May 2017, 04:37 PM
yerukala sudheer

Hello friend

1. In order to join in Indian Air Force you need to complete at least 10 + 2 with the minimum percentage of 55 in the stream of MPC

2. Every year Union Public Service Commission conduct the examination NDA

3. The examination consists of numerical ability Aptitude Test reasoning under general awareness those who qualified in written examination will call for SSB interview

3. the age limit for those who are appearing NDA examination 17 and half years to 19 years there is no age relaxation

4. And there is also an another process which is conducted by the air force every year rally in various States in this process there is 2 steps physical Efficiency Test and written examination
the PET consists of 1.6 km Run ,long jump and 10 pull ups those who qualify in physical Efficiency Test undergo written examination

5. By the qualification of degree you can get better jobs in Airforce the examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year
6. The combined defence service examination consists of two papers general awareness and numerical ability, those who qualified in written examination will call for interview and selection list is based on merit list and category wise
7. And there is also another entrance exam in order to join Indian Air force which is conducted by the AFCAT every year at the month of February this examination consists of numerical ability reasoning and general awareness The selection list is based on merit list and category wise
8. The age limit is 21 years to 27 years and Age relaxation is applicable for St and SC candidates and also give special reference for sports man those who are play in National level state travel and university level

9. The selected candidates will go for training in Indian Airforce Academy at Delhi

All the best my friend good luck
14th July 2017, 12:36 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After 12th,You can join Indian Air Force as an Airman.

Selection Procedure for Airman:-

1. Written test
2. Physical test
3. Group Discussion
4. Personal Interview
5. Medical test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?