23rd December 2015, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

What are the posts available in Defence Services for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?

Hello,
I want to know that for Defence Services what are the posts available for me? I am a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering and I want to join Defence Services. Please tell me about the posts. Thank you in advance.

30th December 2015, 07:35 PM
userdefined

Default Re: What are the posts available in Defence Services for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?

After Diploma in Mechanical Engineering there are very limited chance in Defense services in India. But you have bright chance in the current situation as there is in need of many technical assistants in Industries.
In order to pursue career in Defense,
*You must do Bachelor Degree as it will be the basic criteria in India Defense service like Officers/ Cadre/ Sailors.
*While pursuing your Bachelor degree, you try to join NCC and complete the course and have a certificate which will be an add on.
After completing your Engineering, there are almost twice notification is released to recruit fresh batch of students into Defense system.
CDS is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for the posts like Executives, Engineers etc to join Indian Defense.
30th December 2015, 10:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the posts available in Defence Services for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?

Being a diploma in mechanical engineering degree holder the best option for you in the Indian Defense Services is the option of lieutenant for which you will have to first join NDA.

NDA stands for National Defense Services and it is an academy meant for providing necessary education and training to those who manages to clear NDA entrance examination and are interested to become defense officer. It has three wings which includes Indian Navy, Indian Air force and Indian Army.

--> For appearing in the same examination you need to satisfy the criteria mentioned below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* Also you must be a male candidate with martial status of unmarried.

* You must have completed your higher secondary degree course or any other degree equivalent to same with any discipline from a recognized institute. But for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force your degree course must have PCM as your main subjects. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

Also the same examination is organised in two phases which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

For more details about the same you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in or www.upscexam.com.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?