11th December 2015, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

What qualification is required to join Police Department as a Sub Inspecter?

Sir, I have completed my diploma course in electronics and communications engineering stream. I want to join police department as SI. SO tell me what qualification is required for this?

11th December 2015, 02:12 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualification is required to join Police Department as a Sub Inspecter?

Candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognised university. As you have passed only diploma, so you are not eligible to apply for Sub Inspector post.
Age of candidate must be from 21 to 25 years.
There is no minimum percentage criteria.
11th December 2015, 04:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualification is required to join Police Department as a Sub Inspecter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed my diploma course in electronics and communications engineering stream. I want to join police department as SI. SO tell me what qualification is required for this?
Eligibility criteria for SI post in Police Department:-

Educational Qualification:

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for SI post in Police Department.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.

Age relaxation:-

SC/ST- 5 years
OBC- 3 years
Ex-Servicemen ( Unreserved)- 5 years
Ex-Servicemen (OBC)- 8 years
Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)- 10 years
11th December 2015, 08:31 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Educational Qualification Required to join Police Department for SI Post:

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for Sub Inspector post in Police Department is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since Diploma is a qualification which is not equivalent to Graduate Degree, you are not eligible to join Police Department. So I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for Sub Inspector post in Police Department with Diploma Qualification. I suggest you to do B.E/ B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering after completion of Diploma in ECE in order to be eligible for SI post in Police Department. So I suggest you to concentrate well on B.E/ B.Tech studies first and mean while start your strong preparation and you can apply for this SI Post when you will be in Final year of B.Tech/ B.E in ECE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?