22nd January 2015, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?

Hello
which exam is to be given for becoming income tax officer?
What things to prepare ? After 12 what to do for
becoming income tax officer? which course is
required for becoming income tax officer?

23rd January 2015, 07:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?

To become Income Tax Officer, you need to write "Combined Graduate Level Examination" (CGL) which is conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Commission) every year. But to be eligible for SSC CGL Examination, you must have passed "Bachelor degree" or Graduation from a recognized university/ boards of India. So since you have just completed 12th class, you are not eligible to apply for SSC CGL Tier 1 2015 Examination which will be held in the month of June 2015. So I suggest you to pursue Graduation from a recognized university.

To be eligible for SSC CGL examination, Graduation in any discipline like B.A, B.E, B.Tech, BCA, B.Com, B.Sc, BBA Bachelor degrees are accepted. So I suggest you to pursue B.E/ B.Tech after your 12th class to be eligible for SSC Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical) examination and SSC CGL as well. SSC CGL Examination consists of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Interview. SSC conducts CGL examination for recruiting candidates for Inspectors, Divisional Accountants, Central Excise Department Inspectors, Inspectors in Income Tax Department, Junior Accountants, Upper Divisional Clerks, Auditors posts based on marks you'll obtain in CGL examination. To become Income Tax Officer, you need to write and qualify CGL examination (Tier 1, Tier 2, and Interview).
9th August 2015, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?

What should i do to become a income tax Office? Which degree is helpful after 12th
14th August 2015, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I PREPARE FOR INCOME TAX OFFICER AFTER 12th or AFTER GRADUATION ?
31st August 2015, 06:39 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friend....................

Income Tax Officer post is reputed post.
For applying this exam you must have graduation.
So, have 10+2, Just take Commerce Stream For you to Crack the exam.

ELIGIBILITY

For Officers of Group-A level post you have to take UPSC exam.
All graduate in any stream from a recognized university are eligible for this post.
Age limit: 21-30 Years. For OBC: 21-33 years and Age for SC/ST: 21-35 years.

Selection process:
1. Tier-1 exam.
2. Tier-T exam.
3. Personal interview.

Syllabus for written exam:-
General awareness,
General english,
General intelligence,
Numerical aptitude.

For more details visit below website

http://www.ssconline.nic.in

All the best
2nd September 2015, 03:10 PM
haripriya1993
Member+

Hi,

To become an Incometax Officer you need to clear the SSC Combined Graduate Level examination conducted by SSC every year.

The educational qualification required is any degree with minimum pass percentage.

The age qualification is must be between 18-27 yrs.

There is age relaxation for communities.
obc - 3yrs
sc/st - 5yrs

The written exam will be followed by interview.
6th May 2016, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I have just completed my 12 And I want to give exams on 10basis so which type of questions should I prepare
14th May 2016, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

What is best service income tax or any private job as salary
30th June 2016, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Which books should I prepare to become an income tax officer?
4th February 2017, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

I take science math in class 12 so how can I prepare for income tax exam and for becoming income tax officer or any other the person have to physically fit or not
17th March 2017, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I like to take b.com in graduation.weather it is easy or tough to become a ITO. Please suggest me the best group which is eligible nice to ITO.
28th April 2017, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

What is steps do for become a income tax officer after 12 pass and what is tge minimum percentage in 12th for income tax officer?
2nd July 2017, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 3rd year by b. Com so what should I do for preparation of income tax department
20th June 2020, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

There is an interview for becoming a income tax officer? And there is physical or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?