21st July 2013, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for income tax?

I have given my Ca final ..i want to become an income tax officer .could you please what is the eligibilty crieteria and will the syllabus of income tax which i read in CA final is approx same or i have to study soumthing extra ..pls rply ..awaiting the reply

6th December 2014, 09:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus for income tax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have given my Ca final ..i want to become an income tax officer .could you please what is the eligibilty crieteria and will the syllabus of income tax which i read in CA final is approx same or i have to study soumthing extra ..pls rply ..awaiting the reply
Yes, you are eligible for Income Tax Officer exam.

Income Tax Officer exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) through CGL.

Those candidate who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for INCOME TAX OFFICER exam.

Your age should be in between 18 years to 27 years.

Physical criteria:-

Height :157.5cm

Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm

The other Ground Work is -

i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes

ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

I have attached the syllabus for Income Tax Officer exam so please check it out.

For online application click on the official link http://www.ssconline.nic.in.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT.PDF(37.5 KB, 316 views)
20th December 2015, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Can a student without joining any coaching become an income tax department
27th June 2020, 01:05 AM
Sujathadanala

Hi, You can become Income tax officer by clear the SSC Exam. Here is the strategy to cover the entire course of CGL

It depends on various things, suppose if you have a good grasping power you will cover the entire course fast. Also if you are a working professional or you can give only 3–4 hours you will take more time.

Here I am writing for a general candidate who can dedicate 5 to 6 hours daily, if you need other you can ping me or comment.

SSC CGL/CHSL both have a same pattern and subjects for Pre Exam, things get changed after Pre but here I am going to tell about the pre exam only.

SSC paper comprises 4 sections

Reasoning
General awareness
Quantitative Aptitude
English

Talking about the first section i.e. Reasoning

Reasoning is the simplest of all and easy to score. One can score in this section by simply practise previous year papers, it will take only 5–6 paper to boost your marks. Some topics of reasoning have tricks and formulas like clock, calendar, cube and dice etc. Remember one thing do not get struck in this section, try to complete this section in 16–18 minutes. If you are not able to solve any question, don’t get struck in that question and move to next question.

Second section i.e. General awareness

General awareness plays an important role in the pre exam, if you can will score good in this section you will get ahead to a lot of candidates. This section is wide but the most important topics are science, polity and history. You need to be good at them, read atleast 1–2 hours daily and practise previous year question as well. Now a days ssc is asking a lot of questions from current affairs as well, you can expect 4 to 5 question of current affairs out of 25. Read current from websites and app rather than books. Sites provides current affairs on daily basis and that is quite useful.

Third section i.e. Quantitative Aptitude

Quant is the one of most important subject for SSC CGL and plays an important role in the selection as it consist of 200 marks in Mains other than 50 marks in pre exam. This section can only be mastered by practise, purchase any good book and try to practise atleast 40 question on daily basis.

Fourth section i.e. English

This section is as important as maths because this section also consist of 200 marks in mains other than 50 marks in pre exam. This section consist of three parts- Grammar, Vocab, comprehension.

Mastery over Vocab is a long process and requires dedication, candidates have myth that vocab is so wide that they can not learn it but this is wrong. Try to learn 15 to 20 vocab on daily basis and revise them on regular basis.Same goes with Grammar section.
Hope this information helps you..
All the best...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?