6th January 2018, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

From where to start to become a RAW Officer?

I am Bittu Sharma. I want to become a RAW officer but I am 12th pass out. I have no idea, I want to begin where to start. This is my mail id [email protected]. Please send all detail. Now I want to start.

6th January 2018, 08:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From where to start to become a RAW Officer?

There is a separate service created for RAW called RAS that stands for Research and Analysis service, in which other group A service officers are inducted.RAW conduct interview at the end of the foundation course for new civil service in LABSNAA and based on performance they are directly recruited into RAS as Group II executive cadre officers.

There is not much known about there induction process but it is told that they recruit from all Central services,AIS and Defence Services in RAS.
6th January 2018, 09:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a Raw Officer:-

Firstly you can join RAW directly as a deputy field officer by clearing SSC exam followed by interview.

Secondly clear civil services and try to appear for National Aptitude Test for intelligence, other options are not for you as you are not into services so as a fresher these are the options best suited for you.
6th January 2018, 09:28 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join the RAW then you will have to first join Indian Army, as RAW is intelligence department of Army.
After doing job in Army for at least 5 to 7 years you can volunteer to join RAW.
6th January 2018, 10:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become RAW Officer:

Basically there is no such direct recruitment for getting selected as RAW officer. Instead, there is an other way in which you may join Research and Analysis Wing is as follows.

>> You must have completed Graduation first in order to be eligible. As you are just a 12th Class pass out, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for this recruitment. I suggest you to first complete your Graduation in order to be eligible.

>> Intelligence Bureau issues official notification for filling up vacancies for the posts of Central Intelligence Officer. Once you get selected as ACIO, you will be then able to become officer in RAW upon getting successful promotion.

>> Or else, you may join RAW wing through UPSC. Yes, you are required to appear in CSAT Examination and get selected in Police Service and upon promotion you may join RAW.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?