20th March 2016, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Whether B.Sc. (Maths) is a good qualification to become a Custom Officer or not?

I have completed my +2 examination. I want to study arts and science [B.Sc maths]. I want to become a custom officer in future. So i want to know whether B.Sc. Maths is a good qualification to achieve in order to become a Custom Officer or not?

20th March 2016, 05:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether B.Sc. (Maths) is a good qualification to become a Custom Officer or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my +2 examination. I want to study arts and science [B.Sc maths]. I want to become a custom officer in future. So i want to know whether B.Sc. Maths is a good qualification to achieve in order to become a Custom Officer or not?
Yes, B.Sc in Mathematics is a good qualification to become a Custom Officer.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for the Custom Officer exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
20th March 2016, 05:46 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether B.Sc. (Maths) is a good qualification to become a Custom Officer or not?

Yes, you can go for any stream of your choice as there is no restriction on selection of specific stream in Graduation for Custom department.

UPSC conducts civil services exam for recruitment in 27 different services including the Indian Customs & Central Excise Services.

Anyone who wishes to become custom officer has to appear in the civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for Custom Officer are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree with 55% of marks from a recognized university.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Beside the above eligibility,the candidate must have under mentioned qualities to become Custom Officer;

-Must have ability to work in flexible schedules

-Must possess a driving license

-Should posses an aptitude to cooperate and communicate with the community

-Should never had drugs of any kind

-Must pass an extensive background check

-Must be able to successfully complete all training required for the desired position

-Must be able to activate a radio or telephone equipment and console monitors

-The civil services exam comprises of

* Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)

*Civil Services Main Exam

*Personality Test.

Syllabus for the exam consists of

General Knowledge

Current Affairs

English Language

Test of Reasoning Ability

Test of Numerical Ability

For more details,you can visit the website of UPSC :- www.upsc.gov.in
20th March 2016, 07:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become custom officer after graduation degree. To become custom officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination become eligible for final recruitment for job of custom officer.
20th March 2016, 08:56 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become Custom Officer you have to appear in the entrance exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission to appear in this exam a candidate must be a bachelor degree holder from recognised University in any discipline with minimum 55% marks. Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories. So your bachelor degree in maths is good qualification to appear in this exam.
20th March 2016, 09:00 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to become a Customs officer:-

To become a Customs officer you should first Complete B.Com Degree

A candidate should be a graduate with 55% marks to apply for this post

The upper age limit to apply for this post is 30 years

you should attend UPSC exam as part of selection procedure for this job you should first clear a preliminary exam. Which will help you to attend main exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?