15th November 2015, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Whether Open University graduates are eligible for civil service examination or not?

I have finished my graduation under open university system in madurai kamaraj university. But not finished after proper school education. Can i apply for the ias examination?

15th November 2015, 07:15 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Open University graduates are eligible for civil service examination or not?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the open university examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

To appear for the examination the required eligibility criteria is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recongsed university and the age between the 21-32 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category candidates.

So, you need to continue your preparation to appear for the examination. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2015, 08:14 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Open University graduates are eligible for civil service examination or not?

Yes, candidates of open university are eligible to appear for all the examination and so as for the civil services conducted by the UPSC every year.

According to the notification for the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC the required eligibility criteria to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university in regular or the correspondence course and age between the 21-32 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination to become the IAS,IPS, IFS officer... For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2015, 08:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. For any this exam, candidates who have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of graduation are also eligible for the Civil Services examination.

If your open university is recognized by University Grants Commission and Distance Education Council then your degree is valid for the Civil Services exam.

The minimum age limit for Civil Services exam is 21 years and it has upper age limit of 32 years for general category candidates and 35 years for OBC candidates and 37 years for SC/ST category.

There are six attempts for general category candidates, nine attempt for OBC attempts and no limit for SC/ST candidates.
15th November 2015, 08:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not candidates who have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university either it is open or regular they are eligible for the Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

You just need to have passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree to be eligible for the Civil Services exam. Final year bachelor's degree candidates are also eligible for the exam.

Make sure your university is UGC and DEC approved. Other than this, you must be minimum of 21 years on 01st August of year of examination. Recently the second paper of Preliminary exam has been made qualifying.

The notification for UPSC Civil Services exam will come on 23rd of April, 2016.
15th November 2015, 08:27 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have finished my graduation under open university system in madurai kamaraj university. But not finished after proper school education. Can i apply for the ias examination?
Yeah you are eligible for applying for the IAS exam. This exam is conducted for candidates to join in the post of IAS officer and is being conducted by UPSC and is held every year. There are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply and they are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India as per the nationality standard.

# The general category candidate is 21-32 years, for OBC category candidates it is 21-35 years and for SC/ST it is 21-37 years.

# Educational qualification needed for IAS exam is that candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IAS exam. The number of attempts which is allowed for general category is 6, for OBC it is 9 and for SC/ST there is no limit.

The candidates are selected through 3 stages:
  1. CSAT exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th November 2015, 09:15 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, candidates passed the graduation from the recognized university are eligible to appear for the civil services examination.

Since the open university is a recognized university so you are eligible to appear for the examination. As according to the civil services examination notification the candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognized board are eligible to appear for the examination.

So, you can appear for the examination in the civil services examination after pursuing the course from the open university. For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2015, 09:25 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Since, Madurai Kamarai university is approved by UGC so you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate should be an Indian national
- Candidates must have completed graduate in bachelor or master's degree from any discipline from a recognized university.
- The candidates in the final year degree (bachelors or masters) can also apply.
- The candidate age should be not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years and relaxation will be applicable for reserved category students.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
15th November 2015, 10:16 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Civil Services such as IAS, IPS, IFS and other are conducted by UPSC every year.
Eligibility criteria for appearing in civil services examinations are
-Candidate must be a citizen of India.
-Candidate must have Bachelor degree in any disciple from a recognized university.
-Candidate must be of age 21 to 30 years .
-5 years of relaxation in age is available for reserved category students.

Also, the number of attempt in civil services examination are limited according to category wise such as 4 for general category candidates, 6 for OBC candidates and no limit for SC and ST candidates.

So, if you have graduation degree then you are eligible to appear in civil service examination if you are eligible by age that is you are of age between 21 to 30 years.
15th November 2015, 11:04 PM
MASTER RAVI

Sorry to say you that,The Students those have done the Open School Education,Distance Learning Course and Open University College Study cannot apply for the IAS Education.For details about the IAS Exam you can read the Notification of Exam of IAS or any PSC Exams notification.

You can go for the other field after completing the Graduation from Open University.
16th November 2015, 10:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If your open university is recognized by UGC then you are eligible Civil Service exam.

I have attached the approval letter for Madurai Kamaraj University so please check it out.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MaduraiKamarajUniversity.pdf(2.22 MB, 139 views)
16th November 2015, 11:34 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, students from open university are eligible for Civil Service examination. Graduation degree from any recognised open university has same value as that of degree from any other regular universities.

Eligibility for Civil Service Exam :
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • Age of candidate must be form 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in age is there as per government norms.
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
25th November 2015, 01:03 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes, you are eligible for Civil service exam.

You can apply next year if you are 21 years old or above.
Notification for next year will come in February, 2016. Exam schedule has already been announced in UPSC website.

Prelims will held on 7th August. So, you have plenty of time to prepare.
For preparation strategy, you can surf through this website : upscportal.com
29th April 2018, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

BA English ,Annamalai university through distant education is it approved for upsc exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?