26th February 2010, 11:05 PM
sathiyabalu

Reservation for different categories like state and caste in anna university tech?

I wanna know the reservation for different categories like state and caste in anna university tech (computer science department).And what was the cut off for GATE exam last year .. please let me know the details...

27th February 2010, 04:26 AM
nandan.554

Default Re: Reservation for different categories like state and caste in anna university tech?

wanna know the reservation for different categories like state and caste in anna university tech (computer science department).And what was the cut off for GATE exam last year .. please let me know the details...
27th February 2010, 04:27 AM
nandan.554

Default Re: Reservation for different categories like state and caste in anna university tech?

]I wanna know the reservation for different categories like state and caste in anna university tech (computer science department).And what was the cut off for GATE exam last year .. please let me know the details...[/QUOTE]
2nd March 2010, 04:27 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

The central government of India reserves 27% of higher education, Reservation cannot be exceeded 50%, as per the rulings given by the supreme court, 14% reservation for forward castes.
3rd March 2010, 03:22 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

The percentage of reservation is 18% for SCs .... and then Anna University chairman announced that 50% reservation will be followed....
5th March 2010, 01:47 AM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
total reservation is 27% out of 18% for SC,5% for ST,4% physically challenged
hope i could help
20th April 2010, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

ANNAUNIVERSITY EXSERVICEMEN QUOTA
18th May 2010, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

how much persentage for other state engineering students in Anna university?
19th May 2010, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

i am a resident of andrapradesh .i have reservation of sc and also exservice man quota .what is the cutt off marks.
22nd May 2010, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I AM RESIDING AT CHENNAI WHAT IS THE RESERVATION % FOR EXSERVICEMEN IN ANNA UNIVERSITY ENGG COLLOEGES
30th May 2010, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

is there any reservation in medical colleges for students from outside tamilnadu?
14th June 2010, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

what is the cut off marks for an forward cast student to study in anna university
15th June 2010, 05:08 PM
pinnache

The seats are according to the choice in colleges.
Iit and nit have 27% reservation.
other central universities are following this trait.
15th June 2010, 10:17 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

the reservation is categorized in the following manner :-

18% for SC
5% for ST
4% physically challenged
17th June 2010, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

is dere sports quota for ME in anna univ
18th June 2010, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

dear friend,
18% for sc quota means.... how many seats plz reply me
22nd June 2010, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

what is the maximum % of seats that a State University can reserve for the students of that particular state
23rd June 2010, 01:57 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Dear Friendd
Here is the attachment for your question .
Just go through the attachment ,ithe idea of reservation will be clear.
All the best.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf information.pdf(40.5 KB, 275 views)
23rd June 2010, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

what is the reservation % for mbc caste in engineering councelling
28th June 2010, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
My GATE score is 477(EEE) and my tancet mark is 50. Plz inform me whether i will get in anna university.Guindy.
30th June 2010, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

how to get permanent community certificate?
12th July 2010, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

hi
15th July 2010, 08:46 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,
yes there are Reservation for different categories like state and caste in Anna university tech and it is based on the rule and regulation of the government of the India for the SC there is totally 18% reservation of the total sheet and about 27% sheet is reserved for the obc,
2nd December 2010, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

dear friends,
i got 14 marks in GATE and i belong to SC category. I am an eligibile canditate.
23rd February 2011, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

what is the cut off range for sc category in gate exam?
31st March 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

cut off range of forward caste category in 2008-2010
1st April 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Cut off marks in gate exam for obc student civil engg
11th May 2011, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

dear friends please tell me about allocation of seats for Ex.servicemen quota and my cutoff is 195.25 ,may i know what college i can get for this mark.please tell me soon there are few days for my counslling. -N.Rammoghen
31st May 2011, 08:40 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

the reservation is categorized in the following manner :-

18% for SC
5% for ST
4% physically challenged
4th June 2011, 05:37 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Hi friend,

Since Anna University conducts their own exam TANCET for admission so there is no question of GATE cut off, but if one has cleared GATE exam then he/she is eligible for MHRD scholarship, according to list prepared by individual college.

Although reservation exists in Tamil Nadu state as per following govt. Norms:
  • Open Competition....................................... ....... 31.00 %
  • Backward Class............................................. ..... 26.50 %
  • Backward Class Muslim......................................... 3.50 %
  • Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities..... 20.00 %
  • Scheduled Caste............................................. .... 15.00 %
  • Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)......................... 3.00 %
  • Scheduled Tribes............................................ ..... 1.00 %
Hence 69% seats are in reserved category.
4th June 2011, 06:39 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

in tamil nadu,engineering admission is purely based on merit basis....

in private colleges,65% seats come under government quota....

in government colleges,all the 100% seats come under government quota...

everyone,who wants to join B.E in tamil nadu needs to fill TNEA admission form....

admission is based on the marks,you get in your +2...

all the best

regards
yogi
8th June 2011, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

I am having an Ex-serviceman status and am looking to put my son for a Mechanical Engg. course (B.E.), in Anna University, for which I have already submitted the Application Form under the single window. His Marks in Maths - 192, in Physics -189 and in Chem 191. As an Ex-service person, where do I stand under the counselling process.
Thanks,
Jesson Varghese
Chennai
9th June 2011, 08:16 AM
balarmkec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I AM RESIDING AT CHENNAI WHAT IS THE RESERVATION % FOR EXSERVICEMEN IN ANNA UNIVERSITY ENGG COLLOEGES
1% of seats are allotted for Ex servicemen quota.

All The Best
16th June 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

HI IAM R.VENKAT RAMAN MY CUT OFF MARKS IS160 IAM COMING UNDER EXSERVICEMAN QUOTESCANI GET JAYACOLLAGE
23rd June 2011, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

I applied for TANCET and results came i need to know whether there is Ex-servicemen quota for annauniversity counselling for M.E/M.Tech
23rd June 2011, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

wat is the seat allocation for physically challenged person in special reservation quota for TNEA 2011 in government colleges?
25th June 2011, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Is there is any reservation for Ex-Servicemen quota for B.Arch course in Anna University affiliated colleges? Is it is there what is the % of reservation?
2nd July 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

i got the tancet score of 37.9 in ece and general category, other state. can i get the seat in anna university
2nd July 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied for TANCET and results came i need to know whether there is Ex-servicemen quota for annauniversity counselling for M.E/M.Tech
is there any seat is available
19th October 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

any reservation in Anna university for para military forces like BSF, ITBT,CRPF,RPF,INDIAN COAST GUARD & ASSAM RIFFLE
20th October 2011, 01:32 PM
GALAXYY

Dear friend,

The TANCET Examination is conducted by Anna University.They follows the reservation rule for their all section.

The reservation of 69% seats of total seats under reservation quota.

1.>Backward Class Muslim-3.50%

2.>Other Backward Class-26.50%

3.>Most Backward Class & De notified Communities-20.00%

4.> Scheduled Tribes-1.00%

5.>Scheduled Caste-15.00 %

6.> Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)-3.00 %

Where the Open Competition is-31.00 %
10th May 2013, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

i got 81% in my 2, can i get the seat in anna university for b.arch.how many seats are alloted for s.c
12th May 2015, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Hai I am yejas I got 197 cutoff in 12th std .I belongs to BCM category.can I got seat for bio medical in anna university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?