9th March 2016, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Age limit to study BDS in Medical colleges of India?

Hello,
What is the age limit for admission to Indian Medical colleges in BDS course? Kindly provide me the age limit as I want to do BDS in India.

12th March 2016, 06:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age limit to study BDS in Medical colleges of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
What is the age limit for admission to Indian Medical colleges in BDS course? Kindly provide me the age limit as I want to do BDS in India.
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for BDS course but your 12th standard subject should be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.
12th March 2016, 08:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If we look at the upper age limit for medical entrance exam then there is limit mentioned only for government medical and dental colleges which is 25 in most cases.

If you are looking for admission in private dental colleges then there isn't any upper age limit mentioned for entrance exams.
13th March 2016, 12:18 AM
Knowledge World

Exclamation Re: Age limit to study BDS in Medical colleges of India?

There are certain eligibility criteria for candidate who want to take admission in BDS(Bachelor of Dental Surgery)course:
>>You should have scored at least 50% marks in 12 class with physics,Chemistry and Biology subject (10% relaxation for reserved categories).
>>Age Limit :- For admission in BDS the minimum age limit fixed by the Dental Council of India(DCI) is 17 years and maximum age limit is 35 years.Recently, the Dental Council of India has decided that there should not be minimum or maximum age limit for admission in BDS course.
Most of the govt. and private dental colleges conduct Common Entrance Examination for admission of students in BDS course.
13th March 2016, 02:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in BDS course is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCB and English.

The age limit to appear for examination vary for different examination but for most of entrance examination the minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination become eligible to get admission.
11th July 2019, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

I was passed 10 1 but now I want to join my studies.I m 31 old years . Can I try to MBBS or BDS. Is it possible Kindly please ask me about it's prosidur thank you
14th July 2019, 07:49 PM
sharmasheetal

The age limit to study BDS in Medical colleges of India is between 17 to 35 years.
The eligibility to study BDS in Medical colleges of India is candidate must be completed their 12th class from recognized board of education in science stream ( physics , chemistry , biology) with minimum marks aggregate of 50%.
22nd January 2020, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

My birth date BS 2052-4-8. Can I join the BDS course? Please provide...me information about it.
12th March 2020, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

My age is 33 can I take admission for BDS
16th April 2020, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Can you please mention the college name who give admissions after CET for 26 yrs age students
3rd June 2022, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

My age is 28 can I take admission for bds
15th September 2022, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

My age is 18 can I take admission in bds
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?