26th December 2015, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for AIMPT after passing Graduation in Arts stream?

I am doing BA course degree. I am doing my graduation in arts stream. Am i eligible for AIMPT entrance examination?

26th December 2015, 06:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for AIMPT after passing Graduation in Arts stream?

For AIPMT you need to have class 12th qualification with physics, chemistry and biology subjects. If you have this stream then you will be surely eligible for this exam. You are doing B.A which has nothing to do with medical stream.

If you have studied arts stream in your class 12th then you will not be eligible for AIPMT.
26th December 2015, 07:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT is an entrance test which is conducted for selection of candidates for admission to MBBS/BDS courses under 15% All India Quota seats in Government Medical/Dental colleges of India except in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects with an aggregate of at least 50% marks from a recognised board are eligible to appear in AIPMT examination. So, if you have completed your 12th standard with PCB stream, you are eligible to appear in AIPMT examination.
26th December 2015, 09:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that AIPMT stands for All Indian Pre medical Entrance exam.

Eligibility:

A candidate must have done 12th with physics, chemistry, biology and English as compulsory subjects with at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories.

Age 21- 30 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories.
26th December 2015, 10:57 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

AIPMT is All India Pre Medical Test. It is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for MBBS and BDS course.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.

The minimum age limit is 17 years and upper age limit is 25 years on 31st December of year of admission.

So, if you are below 25 years age and you have studied PCB at 10+2 level, then you can apply for exam. Last date to apply for AIPMT 2016 is 14th January, 2016.
26th December 2015, 11:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing BA course degree. I am doing my graduation in arts stream. Am i eligible for AIMPT entrance examination?
B.A in Arts candidate are not eligible for AIPMT exam.

If your 12th standard subject are PCB with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for AIPMT exam.

Your age should be below 25 years.
27th December 2015, 12:25 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for AIPMT examination if you have PCB group in 10+2.

To appear for AIPMT examination required qualification is candidates must have passed or pursuing in 10+2 with PCB and English as main paper from a recognised board.

So, if you have 10+2 with biology you are eligible to appear for examination. Maximum age limit to appear for examination is 25 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.
27th December 2015, 09:30 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, Arts candidate are not eligible for AIPMT after passing graduation in Arts stream.
  • Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from any recognised board.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 60% marks in 12th.
  • Age of candidate must be above 17 years.
27th December 2015, 04:55 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to appear for AIPMT is as follows:

* Candidate must be a citizen of India.

* Candidate must have completed class 12 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology as compulsory subjects.

* The minimum age limit that a candidate must possess is 17 years of age as on 31st December, 2016 while that of maximum age limit is 25 years of age.

If you meet the above eligibility criteria, then you are eligible to apply for AIPMT examination.
27th December 2015, 07:37 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

All India Pre Medical Test has following eligibility criteria:

Academic Eligibility:

Candidate must have taken science stream at 10+2 academic level with Biology as compulsory subject.

Age criteria:

Upper age limit on 31st December of year of exam: 25 years.

If you still satisfy these age qualifications after bachelor's degree in arts, you can apply for AIPMT exam.
27th December 2015, 10:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test and it conducted by CBSE every year for admission of candidates in medical courses.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed or pursuing from recognised board.

* Candidates age must be between 17-25 years.

* Candidate must have PCB as main subject in 10+2.

So, if you pursued biology stream in 10+2 you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.
27th December 2015, 11:48 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The eligibility to appear for All India Medical / Pre Dental Entrance Test (AIMPT) is a pass in 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in the qualifying examination by scoring 50% marks. The age should be above 17 years and below 25 years. Some relaxation will be given for SC/ST candidates in marks and age. So you have studied the above subjects in 12th standard then you can apply for the examination through online. You can check the details in the website also http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.aspx
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?