29th February 2016, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for CAT even after scoring less than 50% marks in Graduation?

Is it possible to appear for CAT even if I have less than 50 percent in graduation?

Can work experience compensate for the same?

Need a bit of guidance. Awaiting to get the response from everyone over here.

1st March 2016, 12:28 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for CAT even after scoring less than 50% marks in Graduation?

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Eligibility criteria:

*Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

*Minimum of 50% is required.

You can not do this course with less than 50% course.
1st March 2016, 12:30 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for CAT even after scoring less than 50% marks in Graduation?

There is no such compensation allowed in Common Admission Test. A candidate whose percentage of marks in bachelor's degree is less than 50% can not apply for CAT examination at any cost.

You can apply for following exams like:

1. Management aptitude test.

2. Xavier's Aptitude test.

3. SNAP etc.
1st March 2016, 12:36 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

CAT is a computer based test, conducted in multiple cities during a window of 3-4 weeks. A candidate can select his / her test date and slot as per choice and availability.

Eligibility criteria :-

-The candidate must be a graduate with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India.

-Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.

The candidate can register online at the CAT website.

Registration fee :

For General/NC-OBC candidate : Rs. 1600 and

For SC/ST/PWD-DA candidate: Rs. 800
1st March 2016, 12:36 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria:

Bachelor's degree with minimum of 50% marks.

You can not apply for this exam with less than 50% marks.
1st March 2016, 12:49 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. For appearing in the CAT you must have to score 50% or more marks in your graduation. You are not allowed for the CAT exam if you scored less than 50% marks in your graduation. However if you belongs to the reserved category then you are allowed for the CAT exam even if you have 45% marks in your graduation because there is 5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST candidates in graduation.
1st March 2016, 12:56 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria:

>>Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for this exam.

>>You must have 50% marks at least in graduation.

You can not apply if you less than 50% marks.
1st March 2016, 06:45 PM
rrooxx

CAT is stands for Common Admission Test.

->For appearing in CAT must have graduation degree with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) from recognized University.

->Those in the final year of degree course can also apply for CAT examination.
1st March 2016, 07:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, I am extremely sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for Common Admission Test having less than 50% marks in Graduation. Remember, the work experience does not compensate that from eligibility. So for this reason, you are not eligible to apply for Common Admission Test (CAT) Examination with the present eligibility criteria. The basic educational qualification for this Common Admission Test is given below.

>> Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks or equivalent GPA.

>> Minimum percentage Required - 45% (For SC, ST, PWD Candidates)

>> Candidates who are appearing in final year of Graduation are also eligible.

>> There is a clue, if you belong to SC, ST, PWD category then there may be a possibility of eligibility as just 45% marks required. On the other side, if you belong to General/ OBC then I am sorry.
1st March 2016, 10:10 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, you can very much apply for CAT examination after having scored 50% in your graduation as it is the minimum required percentage to be eligible for CAT.
1st March 2016, 10:13 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

50% marks is the minimum criteria required for general candidates, therefore, if you belong to general category, therefore I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the course and if you do belong to any reserved category, then you might be eligible as 5% in aggregate percentage is exempted for the reserved candidates.
1st March 2016, 10:46 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for CAT.

The minimum eligibility criteria to appear for CAT is that the candidate must have passed graduation with above 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.

If the candidate has secured below 50% marks then work experience will not compensate for the same.
2nd March 2016, 12:44 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and the entrance examination is conducted by IIM for admission of candidates in IIM.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university and must have minimum 50% in graduation degree with 5% relaxation for reserved category.

So, if you belong to reserve category, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at https://iimcat.ac.in/per/g01/pub/756...html?756@@1@@1
2nd March 2016, 01:02 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to appear for CAT even if I have less than 50 percent in graduation?

Can work experience compensate for the same?

Need a bit of guidance. Awaiting to get the response from everyone over here.
Sorry, you are not eligible to appear for CAT examination with less than 50% marks in graduation. The eligibility to appear for CAT examination is a pass in graduation degree in any stream with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST). There is no age restriction to appear for CAT examination. You can check the details in the website
https://iimcat.ac.in/EForms/Mock/Web...tml?756@@1@@1#
5th July 2020, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

i donot have 50% marks in graduation but in post graduation i have 65% marks. can i apply for CAT on this behalf
8th July 2020, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give CAT Exam if I'm in final year but my marks are less than 50% till 2nd year?
9th July 2020, 05:40 PM
lissymariam

Question Re: Am I eligible to appear for CAT even after scoring less than 50% marks in Graduation?

No, you are not eligible to appear for CAT. The minimum eligibility criteria to appear for CAT is that the candidate must have passed graduation with above 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.

As per the eligibility of CAT 2020, Students should hold a graduation Degree with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA awarded by a recognised institute. For reserved students (SC, ST and PWD) the minimum percentage to be secured in graduation is 45 percent. Final year graduates are also eligible to apply.
11th July 2020, 02:37 PM
sirtbhopal

Smile Re: Am I eligible to appear for CAT even after scoring less than 50% marks in Graduation?

No you are not eligible to appear for CAT exam. The minimum eligibility criteria for CAT exam is graduation with minimum 50 per cent aggregate or equivalent CGPA (45 per cent aggregate for SC, ST and PWD/DA category) from a recognised board or university.
25th November 2020, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

I got below 50 % in graduation and 70 % in mcom can I eligible for cat exam
29th August 2021, 04:19 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

Candidates must have a bachelor's degree with minimum 50%marks for General Category. And For Sc/ ST 45% marks required.

CAT means (Common Admission Test)
15th January 2022, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for CAT on the basis of PG Percentage???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?