25th July 2016, 12:17 PM
hithyeshi

Am I eligible to appear in Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Scholarship exam with 80 marks in Maths and 78 marks in Science of 10th ICSE?

I have got 80 marks in Maths and 78 marks in Science group in class 10th ICSE Board exam. Am I eligible to write Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) scholarship exam? Please reply as soon as possible.

29th July 2016, 01:56 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Scholarship exam with 80 marks in Maths and 78 marks in Science of 10th ICSE?

To apply for the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) scholarship exam a candidate must have secured minimum of 80% aggregate marks in Maths & Science (Physics,Chemistry & Biology) in class 10th from a recognized board. 70% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates.

Since, you have scored 80 marks in Maths and 78 marks in Science group, you can not apply for this exam if belong to general category. If are a reserved category candidate then can apply.
29th July 2016, 07:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Scholarship exam with 80 marks in Maths and 78 marks in Science of 10th ICSE?

Eligibility to appear in Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Scholarship exam :-

- Students of Class X and XII from both government and private schools are eligible for KVPY 2016 scholarship programme.

- Only Indian candidates are eligible for the KVPY fellowships/scholarships.

- Selection of the students for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Scholarship is made from those studying in XI standard to 1st year of any undergraduate Program in Basic Sciences namely B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology having aptitude for scientific research.

-Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Scholarship is awarded based on the performance in the aptitude test followed by an interview for short listed students.

KVPY Application Fee 2016 :

For General /OBC Category : Rs 1000

For SC/ST/PWD : Rs 500

Important Dates for KVPY 2016 :

Starting date for Application form submission : July 18, 2016

Last date of online application submission : August 30, 2016

Admit Card : Second week of October, 2016

Exam Date : November 6, 2016

Result : Third week of December, 2016
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?