12th December 2014, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to secured 75 marks in 10th Mathematics of ICSE Board exam for admission in 11th Commerce?

Hello
I scored 78% in 10th in icse board.,from which school i passed is not giving me admission in 11th commerce because i had scored 52 marks in maths,As,school is saying that only those students are eligible for 11th commerce who scored minimum 75marks in maths,it is an icse rule.Is there any rule of icse board that minimum 75marks are required in maths for commerce stream?

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus for class 11 KVPY (SA stream)?
  2. Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th ICSE after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
  3. Colleges which offers Science in 11th ISC for a candidate who has secured 85% in 10th ICSE Board exam?
  4. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  5. Subjects and board which is suitable for me in 11th and 12th after giving 10th standard ICSE board exam?
  6. Can I get admission in any college of Pune to pursue 11th Science if completed 10th from ICSE Board?
  7. What are the favourable and unfavourable factors of changing board from ICSE to CBSE for 11th standard?
  8. Details about colleges offering ICSE syllabus in 11th and 12th? Availability of application and fee structure?
  9. How should I take admission in Delhi commerce? Where is the cutoff high?
  10. What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What to do after 12th Science having secured 70% in 10th from ICSE Board?
  12. How to take admission for 11th? I have passed 10th(ICSE) in Mumbai
  13. How to take admission in 11th class after completing 10th board?
  14. Is it possible to appear for ICSE in 11th standard after passing 10th from CBSE board?
  15. What are the best courses available after passing 10th ICSE?
  16. Procedure to get admission in St. Xavier's School in 11th Commerce for 10th Science student?
  17. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  18. Details about colleges offering ISC syllabus in 11th and 12th? Availability of application and fee structure?
14th December 2014, 01:02 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to secured 75 marks in 10th Mathematics of ICSE Board exam for admission in 11th Commerce?

I will not say that you have scored very good marks, but it is adequate to get yourself into a good school.

Basically there is no hard and fast rule that you have to secure 75% marks in mathematics for getting admission in Commerce stream in XI.

It varies from different Institutes, premium Institutes will always keep their admission criteria high for selecting best of the best candidates.

The school from which you have completed your 10th may have a high eligibility criteria for which you can do nothing than to look for other schools for admission.

Basically the general admission criteria for admission in XI commerce is;

. Passed out in 10+2 with English and Maths/Statistics.

. Minimum marks should be 65%.

Look around for some reputed schools and i am sure you will get admission soon.
14th December 2014, 07:19 PM
soumyasecret

Default Re: Should I have to secured 75 marks in 10th Mathematics of ICSE Board exam for admission in 11th Commerce?

No there is no such rules in Indian School Certificate Examination. It purely depends upon the school's demand and reputation. You can apply for other schools whose eligibility requirements are less than that of your school's. But it is not guaranteed that those schools will be offering good faculties and academic facilities. So its up to you to build your own career.

Eligibility Criteria:
-Students must have been awarded Pass Certificates in the ICSE Examination with passes in five subjects including English.
-Students passed from another Examining Board must have permission from the Chief Executive and Secretary of the Council. .
6th February 2015, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I am going to appear my board this year from ICSE
I want to choose commerce in XI
So whats the eligible percentage marks that I have to score to get admission in Commerce stream ?
12th March 2015, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

I M worried about maths and I think I will get 55% in maths but i want commerce with maths , so how can I get admsn
31st May 2017, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

I got only 77%in my icse board exam and I'm doubtful in choosing which board for my 11th and 12th class, ISC or CBSE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?