1st May 2016, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CA course if I have scored only 45% marks in graduation?

I am 35 years n have completed both my graduation and under graduation with below 45%. Now i have a great intention of doing CA.Is it possible for me to register for the qualifying exam? Who can provide me the eligibility criteria details?

1st May 2016, 01:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CA course if I have scored only 45% marks in graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CA course after completion of your Graduation course with an aggregate of 45% marks from a recognised board. Candidates who have completed Graduation course with minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Commerce stream or with 60% marks in Non-Commerce stream are eligible to directly register for IPCC without appearing in CPT examination. Since, you have not scored minimum marks required from exempting to appear in CPT examination, you must have to appear in CPT examination to get admission in CA course.
1st May 2016, 02:08 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CA course if I have scored only 45% marks in graduation?

To be eligible to study CA coure, you must have to appear in CPT examination. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course with atleast 55% aggregate marks can directly pursue IPCC course without appearing in CPT examination.

Since, you have scored only 45% aggregate marks in your Graduation, you must have to appear and qualify CPT examination to get admission for pursuing CA course.
1st May 2016, 03:00 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to get admission in CA course after having scored a minimum of 45% in your graduation as marks and age is not a factor to get enrolled in CA course.

You should have completed a minimum of 12th standard from a recognized board with minimum passing marks.
1st May 2016, 03:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for doing this CA Course with less score in Graduation as far as my knowledge is concerned. As you have scored less marks in Graduation, I am once again sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for CA Course. The basic qualification required and percentage criteria required are given below.

>> Candidates who have completed their Graduation (from B.Sc/ B.Com/ BBA) can directly join this IPCC Course without even writing CA-CPT Examination.

>> But besides that there is another criteria which is to be followed. The minimum percentage required is as follows..

* For Commerce Graduates - minimum 55% in Graduation
* For Non Commerce Graduates - minimum 60% in Graduation
1st May 2016, 08:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible for CA CPT with 45% marks in graduation. Once you qualify CPT then you will be eligible for IPCC registration. Hence, get yourself registered for CA CPT.

If you had graduation with 60% marks then you would have been eligible for direct registration in CA IPCC without CPT.
1st May 2016, 09:07 PM
Rishab Babral

Sorry to say you, you are not eligible to apply for CA course if you have scored only 45% marks in graduation. The required eligibility criteria for CA course are given as below.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1. The minimum eligibility for pursuing C.A. is +2 with 50%.

2. There is no age limit.
1st May 2016, 10:08 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

ICAI stands for Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. It conducts all stages of Chartered Accountancy courses in India. Graduates who have done bachelor's degree in commerce with 55% marks can directly apply for Integrated Professional Competence course.

But as you have only 45% marks, you can not directly apply for IPCC stage, so you will have to apply Common Proficiency Test. It is conducted in June and December. You can register for this exam at official website of ICAI at http://www.icai.org.
2nd May 2016, 12:08 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 35 years n have completed both my graduation and under graduation with below 45%. Now i have a great intention of doing CA.Is it possible for me to register for the qualifying exam? Who can provide me the eligibility criteria details?
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for Chartered Accountant course after completing Graduation course. There is no specific age limit required for Chartered Accountant. Chartered Accountant is four years professional course which is divided into three levels,

- Foundation Course,
- Intermediate Course and,
- Final course.

Those who completed their Intermediate course eligible for Foundation course. Only those who completed their Graduation with 60% of marks are eligible to apply for Intermediate course and 5% relaxation will be given to B.Com students. Since, you have scored below 60% of marks at Graduation level so you are not eligible for Intermediate course. However, you are eligible to apply for Foundation course.
2nd May 2016, 12:23 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

NO you are not eligible to apply for CA course with 45% marks in graduation.

REQUIRED ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CA COURSE

--> The minimum eligibility for pursuing C.A. is +2 and graduation with a minimum of 50%.

--> There is no upper age limit for admission in Chartered Accountancy Course.
2nd May 2016, 12:48 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible to join CA course if you have scored only 45% marks in graduation. The aspirant has to appear for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) first after clearing this you can join CA Intermediate Course (IPCC). For the CPT you have to register 60 days before the CPT Examinations. The CPT examinations are held in June & December every year. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is conducting the course and the examinations. The website link is given you can check the details in the link,
http://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=3374
2nd May 2016, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Yes you can appear for CA Foundation (previously CPT), which is the entrance test for CA. If you have gotten 55% in graduation then you would have been exempted from appearing in CA Foundation and you would be registered in CA under the direct entry scheme. But you don't qualify for the exemption hence you have to go through the Foundation route.
14th September 2017, 05:00 PM
kunalroy89

Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course with atleast 55% marks in Commerce stream or 60% marks in Non-Commerce stream, can directly pursue IPCC course without appearing in Common Proficiency Test or CPT examination.

Since, you have scored only 45% aggregate marks in your Graduation, you must have to appear and qualify CPT examination to get admission for CA.
So you need to prepare for CPT as your marks are low.Once you clear the Proficiency Test, you are equally placed with others regardless of Graduation marks.
15th September 2017, 06:41 PM
sapphire1

Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for CA course. You have less percentage that required for CA course. As you have done graduation or post graduation with less than 50% marks then you are not able to apply for CA course.

Eligibility criteria for CA:

Candidates should have graduation with at least 55% marks for commerce student and minimum 60% marks for science students.

If you want to apply for CA then you have to appear for CPT exam after scoring good marks in it you can apply for CA.
3rd August 2021, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CA course if I have scored only 52.22% marks in graduation?
28th July 2022, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CA Course if I have scored only 53% marks in graduation
11th December 2022, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 48 % in B,com and 49% i have also scored in 56 % BEd With Math and commerce. can i give CA inter examination direct route
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?