13th April 2015, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CLAT if completed 12th in 2nd attempt?

Sir,
I have passed my 12th standard in 2nd attempt,
Now I want to give CLAT for doing LLB.
Kindly let me know I am eligible for applying?
Please reply as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance.

15th April 2015, 06:42 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CLAT if completed 12th in 2nd attempt?

Yes, you can apply for CLAT exam, even if you have passed your 12th standard in 2nd attempt. That's because as per CLAT exam eligibility criteria, candidates who passed their 12th standard with minimum 45% of marks(40% in case of SC and ST candidates) are eligible to apply for CLAT exam. But, there are no restrictions on the number of attempts a candidate made to clear his/her 12th standard. So, you are definitely eligible to apply for CLAT exam.
15th April 2015, 07:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CLAT Examination even after completion of 12th class in 2nd attempt. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for CLAT Under Graduate Program is, "12th Class in 10+2 Pattern" from a recognized university. Remember, you must definitely meet the age criteria prescribed by Law Universities in order to be eligible for CLAT Entrance Examination. Since you have finally completed 12th Class, you are eligible to appear in CLAT Examination.

Educational Qualification:

>> Candidate must have obtained Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST Candidates), as prescribed by the respective statues of the participating universities.

Age Criteria: (As on July of academic year)

Maximum age - 20 years

Maximum age - 22 years (in case of SC/ ST and Persons with Disability Candidates)
15th April 2015, 08:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is an all India entrance examination which is conducted on rotation by 16 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B. & LL.M.). Eligibility criteria required to appear in CLAT examination is mentioned below :-

--> You must have obtained Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate with not less than an aggregate of 45% (40% for SC and ST) marks from a recognized Board.

--> You must be below 20 years of age as on 1st July of the year of examination. Upper age relaxation of 2 years is applicable in case of SC/ST and Persons With Disability (PWD) candidates.

Since, you had completed your 12th standard, you are eligible to appear in CLAT examination.
15th April 2015, 09:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have passed my 12th standard in 2nd attempt,
Now I want to give CLAT for doing LLB.
Kindly let me know I am eligible for applying?
Please reply as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance.
Yes, you are eligible for CLAT exam.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks then you are eligible to attend in CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Best books for CLAT exam:-

CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package
by
A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B
by
A P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)

CLAT Common Law Admission Test
by
Mazumdar Rituparna
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)

Important Dates for CLAT 2015:

Late and Last date for Filling the Online Registration of Application - 1st January,2015(Thursday) to 31st March,2015(Tuesday) 11.59 P.M

Dates for Application Fee Payment - 1st January,2015(Thursday) to 31st March,2015(Tuesday) 11.59 P.M

Tentative date for Downloading of Exam Admission Ticket - 15th April, 2015 (Wednesday)

Exam Date 10th May, 2015 (Sunday)
16th April 2015, 02:03 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to appear for CLAT examination. Below I am enumerating the eligibility criteria for the same.

Kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility for CLAT(Under Graduate Programmes):

1. Aspirants should have competed thier +2 level of examination from a recognised board.

2. 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks for General and 45% marks for SC/ST and persons with disability.

3. Candidate should be below the age of 20 for General candidates and 22 in case of SC/ST, at the time of applying for the exam.
27th June 2015, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I'm completed 12th class in 2nd attempt and I want to do BA.LLB but in Gujarat state I not got admission because of 2nd attempt in 12th class.
So what can I do now. Please give me reply soon.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?