7th May 2015, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of B.A Vocational and also graduation in marketing and management of Insurance?

I am harneet singh. n i want to ask u that i m in my third year of college n i m doing a graduation in professional field in marketing n management of insurance from Delhi university so i want to clear am i eligible for IAS after graduation?

7th May 2015, 12:36 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of B.A Vocational and also graduation in marketing and management of Insurance?

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination. Basic Educational Qualification to apply for this examination is that the candidate should have passed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must attained the age of 21 years and must note have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. The exam notification will be published in the month of June / July in official website of UPSC as well as employment newspaper. More details, visit the official website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th May 2015, 02:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of B.A Vocational and also graduation in marketing and management of Insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am harneet singh. n i want to ask u that i m in my third year of college n i m doing a graduation in professional field in marketing n management of insurance from Delhi university so i want to clear am i eligible for IAS after graduation?
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
7th May 2015, 04:18 PM
amanshrivastava98

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
7th May 2015, 09:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS (Indian Administrative Services) after completion of B.A even it is done vocationally, if the issuing university is recognized university/ institution. Make sure you apply for IAS only when either you are in final year of your Graduation (Marketing and Management of Insurance) or passed the respective educational qualification. The only thing you must notice is that, B.A (Vocational) course which you did must be done from a recognized university. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for applying IAS Examination is "Graduation" or Degree of a recognized university or Equivalent. Candidates appearing in the requisite Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in IAS Entrance Examination (CSAT). You are required to submit the proof of passing Graduation along with the Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.
7th May 2015, 10:10 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Yes, after completing your graduation from the recognized university you are eligible for appearing IAS examination. Your upper age limit should not be more then 26 years, your nationality should be Indian.
8th May 2015, 12:36 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance exam after completing Graduation. Those candidates who have completed their Graduation are eligible. So, after completing the Graduation are eligible. However, you should not have any pending backlogs in Graduation. You must appear in the Civil Service exam, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in order to become an IAS officer. The Important notification regarding the IAS entrance exam will be updated on the official website of UPSC and also published through Employment newspaper as well. Let's the basic eligibility criteria required for IAS,

IAS Eligibility Criteria:

- You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from a recognized University, which is approved by UGC.

- Those candidates who are waiting for their final year result may also apply, but candidates must have to submit final result to appear in the Civil Service exam.

- You age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years and,

- Upper age relaxation will be provided for the SC/ST/OBC candidates as per the government rules

- 5 years for SC/ST Category candidates and 3 years for OBC category candidates

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
8th May 2015, 05:11 PM
pjgp

Yes,you are eligible to apply for IAS after completion of BA from the recognized university.
The age limit should be between 21 and 30 for OC.
3 years relaxation for OBC
5 years relaxation for SC/ST.
The candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
The candidates should not have any backlogs in graduation.

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

for more information log in to www.upsc.gov.in
30th July 2019, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to apply for IAS after completion of B.A vocational and also graduation in tourism management?
8th September 2020, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

This is my first year in b.vocational in travel and tourism management so can i give upsc exam after my degree in bvoc travel and tourism management?
8th September 2020, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

I'm in first year now doing my bachelor degree in b. Vocational in travel and tourism management so can i give upsc exam after j complete my degree?
25th September 2021, 01:29 AM
Minal F

For IAS, Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university .So yes are eligible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?