11th November 2018, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main being a Diploma Engineering student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying Diploma in Engineering course. I want to join BTech course after my Diploma Engineering course. So, I would like to know that I am eligible for JEE Main or not? If I have a chance to study BTech then which stream is related to my branch of education?

19th November 2018, 10:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main being a Diploma Engineering student?

Yes, you can apply for JEE Main, if you have got diploma in engineering stream. There is no issue at all, but you will be eligible for first year admission only, because there is no lateral entry through JEE Main.

Hence, if you are ready for it, then surely can apply for it. In case, you want lateral entry, then go for some other state level entrance exam.
20th November 2018, 10:32 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main being a Diploma Engineering student?

Candidates with diploma qualification are eligible to appear for JEE. Candidates after qualifying in Main will become eligible to appear for Advanced stage.

But, candidates passed diploma course are not eligible to get admission on the basis of JEE Main.

So, you will have to qualify in Advanced stage to get admission in IIT. There will be no lateral entry in B.Tech course after qualifying in JEE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?