7th December 2017, 08:15 PM
Nikhil singhdeo

Am I eligible to apply for JEE main form if I am a compartment student?

Sir, I have failed in mathematics this year. And haven't appeared for compartment exam. And I am again appearing for 12th CBSE then am I eligible for JEE main?. And if then what should I fill in the form of JEE (appearing or pass out)?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give both compartmental and JEE Main exam in 2016? What should I fill up in form, 12th marks or appearing?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if expecting failure in CBSE Physics? Whether IIT, NIT or DTU considers compartment marks after qualifying JEE Main & Advanced?
  3. Am I eligible for JEE advanced?
  4. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main being a Bangladeshi student? What is the procedure for it?
  6. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  7. How can I apply for next year JEE Main and Advanced without attempting 12th CBSE Compartmental exam?
  8. Can I appear for JEE main according to new rules?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam again this year if I had given exam the previous year as well? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  11. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  12. What is the procedure to get admission in IIT after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  13. Can a Nepali student apply for JEE Main? Eligibility criteria for NRI students and documents required for it?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  15. How can I get admission for IIT after diploma in computer technology?
  16. Am I eligible to get admission in B.Tech after JEE exam?
  17. Syllabus, suitable books for preparation and qualifying marks in JEE Main for Gujarati student?
  18. Can I take the test of JEE main in 2018? Procedure for it?
9th December 2017, 04:36 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE main form if I am a compartment student?

As you are appearing for only one subject i.e. Mathematics in next year.

Your Board Marksheet will show year 2017 as your passing year.

So, you should fill 'Passed Out' while filling Online application form for JEE Main.

However, for more clarification you must consult your school teacher or coaching experts.
9th December 2017, 08:38 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE main form if I am a compartment student?

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same examination is held for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree courses in any CFTIs like IIT, NIT, IIIT, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

For appearing in JEE Main the required educational qualification is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects with at least 75% marks from a recognized board. For reserved category candidates the required marks at Class 12th is 65% marks. Further students failing to secure above mentioned examination but still lying within the top 20 percentile candidates of their respective board of education are also eligible.

Yes you can apply for JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) 2018 having got compartment in Mathematics paper of your Class 12th board examination in 2017 but for that you are required to reappear in all your concerned papers of Class 12th once again by clearing with the required minimum aggregate.

For more details and FAQs related to JEE eligibility you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in .
9th December 2017, 08:54 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Examination.

JEE is a examination conducted by CBSE. It has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main score is used for admission in NITs and other government engineering colleges whereas JEE Advanced score is valid for IITs admission.

You can apply for JEE Main exam next year and you should mention as "appearing candidate".
10th December 2017, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

I am a compartment student of this year and i have not attended for compartment exam. But I am giving boards (full exam)this year as a CBSE private candidate.. then am I eligible for mains exam. And if eligible then which year I should fill in the form (2017-2018).and what should I prefer as a passout candidate or appearing candidate.
11th December 2017, 06:18 PM
Md30

Dear friends, You are not eligible for JEE exam. To sit JEE exam you have to completed hs with physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology.
So complete the course First then your eligibility should be granted.
Thank you.
4th May 2018, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

I have appeared CBSE exam 2018 . But as I won't write anything in Physical Education Paper I have to attained the compartment Exam. I am qualified in JEE main & want to appear JEE advanced.If I selected can I get chance to admit in NIIT or IIT.
6th June 2018, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

I wrote inter exams in March 2018.but I have failed in maths. I have Even qualified in JEE mains 2018.And also appeared for JEE advance 2018.so,if I got good rank in advance can I get seat in IIT? As I have failed in maths,i wrote my supply nicely
12th August 2018, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

I got failed in mathematics s can I give entrance exam of jee please tell me if not so can I give another college entrance exam next year please tell me sir?
5th March 2020, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

If I fail in physics and appear in compartment exam of physics and passed it then can I apply for JEE Mains if I got
More than 75% Mark's of overall result can I apply for it
28th May 2020, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT after supplementary exam of 12
29th July 2020, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

if i have comparment in maths then i can give jee mains in septmber
21st August 2020, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

I have compart in mathsi n 2020,am I entitle for jee mains 2020
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?