12th May 2015, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do B.A graduation without doing 12th standard?

I had completed my 10 standard in 1997 from NOS. (Delhi board). after that i use to work in company. Till now I didn't get time or and financial problem are there.

Now i'm 33 years old. and now i want to do B.A or graduation in any other field but i need a certification of graduation.?

Please do the needful.

thank you,

12th May 2015, 08:06 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.A graduation without doing 12th standard?

No, you cannot B.A graduation course without completing 12th standard. The minimum educational qualification required to pursue B.A course is completion of 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board. After completion of 12th standard, you can get direct admission to B.A course since, there are no entrance examinations conducted for admission to this course. So, I suggest you to complete your 12th standard to be eligible to pursue B.A Graduation course.
12th May 2015, 10:09 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had completed my 10 standard in 1997 from NOS. (Delhi board). after that i use to work in company. Till now I didn't get time or and financial problem are there.

Now i'm 33 years old. and now i want to do B.A or graduation in any other field but i need a certification of graduation.?

Please do the needful.

thank you,
Sorry that you are not eligible for a BA course through regular mode. Since, you have already reached 33 years, which is not accepted by the regular mode universities. However, you can do BA through distance or correspondence mode. There is no minimum age limit required for BA through correspondence mode.

The common educational qualification required for applying the BA degree is the 12th standard in any stream from a recognized board under the central/state education board. Any candidate with science, commerce or arts background can opt for the BA course. The applicant must be 17 years of age or more. The requisite minimum percentile will vary from universities or colleges. Those candidates who have scored 50% of marks at the 12th standard level are eligible.
12th May 2015, 10:10 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to do graduation without completing 12th standard. The candidate must have to completed his/her +2 or its equivalent form any recognized board. So you are not eligible for studying B.A without completing 12th standard. If you are interested to study B.A graduation then you need to complete class 12th first then you can apply for B.A graduation course.
12th May 2015, 11:19 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.A. course without completing your 12th standard. That's because candidates who have completed their 12th standard(in any discipline) are only eligible to apply for B.A. course admission. So, first try to complete your 12th standard. After completing your 12th standard, you can apply for B.A. course admission.
12th May 2015, 12:42 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to do B.A. graduation without completing 12th class.
You must have to pass 12th class to get admission in BA graduation course.

Eligibility for BA course :
Candidate must have passed 12th class in any stream from any recognised college.

List of subjects available for BA General course :

Anthropology
Archaeology
Education
Literature
Mathematics
Philosophy
Political Science
Public Administration
Economics
English
French
Geography
German
Hindi
History
Library Science
Psychology
Sanskrit
Sociology
12th May 2015, 01:34 PM
pjgp

I am very sorry to say you that you are not eligible to do graduation without completing the 12th class.The basic for graduation will be taught in 11th and 12th.so,you have to complete your 12th first and then you can do your graduation.There is no age limit to do graduation.

all the best sir.,,,.,
12th May 2015, 02:35 PM
amanshrivastava98

As you have mentioned, you did your 10th and then you started working, so, let me tell you, for pursuing a graduation, you need to complete the 12th standard first.

You can do so through the open school itself and then you can surely apply for the graduation.
12th May 2015, 05:34 PM
suresh_batra

Quote:

Please do the needful.

thank you,
You cannot do BA until you finish your 12th. I would suggest you to first complete your 12th and then you can go for B.A degree from a good college or university like: PU, Lovely Professional University, St. Xavier's College (Mumbai), Symbiosis, etc............which provide very good education to students and have got better infrastructure facilities. For details regarding eligibility and admission process; you can refer to their website.
good luck.
12th May 2015, 06:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Please do the needful.

thank you,
Yes, you are eligible for B.A graduation degree. You can apply for distance education for any University.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard are eligible for B.A graduation degree.

List of the university for distance education:-

Indira Gandhi National Open University
http://www.ignou.ac.in

Annamalai University
http://annamalaiuniversity.ac.in

Osmania University
http://www.osmania.ac.in

Sikkim Manipal University
http://smude.edu.in

Nalanda Open University
http://www.nalandaopenuniversity.com

Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning
http://www.scdl.net/index.asp

Karnataka State Open University
http://www.ksoumysore.com
12th May 2015, 07:24 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:

Please do the needful.

thank you,
in education level,it is higly mandatory that its has to be followed step wise i.e after 10th,next level would be intermediate or 12th,after intermediate you can opt for diploma or you can go with graduatiion.one can not do graduation without intermediate. So you need to complete intermediate the you are eligible to do graduation . good luck
24th June 2015, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Go to GNOU and get Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP) Eligibility:No formal qualification
27th June 2015, 02:41 PM
kunalroy89

If you are interested only in Graduation then it is NOT possible without intermediate qualification.

But IGNOU provide a 6month course known as BPP or Bachelor's Preparatory Program.
It is not equivalent to 12th or intermediate.
But after completion of BPP,you can take admission in Graduation courses of IGNOU.

If you are doing Graduation for further jobs,then this might not be suitable for you as most organizations asks for 10+2+3 years system and you are missing the +2. This BPP+Graduation is mostly used by peoples who needs graduation degrees for the sake of it or for small private jobs.
29th June 2015, 10:32 AM
reconnect

10th and 12th is compulsory for all before going to do graduation.These are basic broad of your studies.If you get into any job they will asked you that percentage you have scored in 10th,12th and graduation along with the passing certificate. Legally it is not possible that you go for graduation without completed 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?