7th May 2015, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do MBA course after completion of BA Economics?

Sir/Mam,

I am a student of 3rd semester 2 year with the honours of economics.After graduation i want to do MBA,can i do this? What would be the minimum criteria we need to have for doing MBA course after graduation? Can someone please provide me the information soon as possible? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA in Finance and Masters degree in Economics Honors after completion of B.Sc Economics?
  2. Am I eligible to appear for NET exam with economics
  3. What should I do other than B.Com after completing 12th Commerce from ISC Board?
  4. Am I eligible to join MBA in Economics after completion of BBA course?
  5. Am I eligible to study PhD in Economics if completed MBA in Finance?
  6. Am I eligible to do MBA in Finance or Banking after completion of Graduation in BA? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Agricultural Economics if completed MBA in Agribusiness Management and M.Sc in Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation?
  8. Will I get any benefit after completion of MBA? What is the suitable background for completion of MBA?
  9. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  10. After my graduation in economics hons should I do MBA or go to London school of eonomics for MBA?
  11. What should i do after B.A economics honors between M.A Economics and MBA?
  12. Am I eligible for economics hons in Delhi school of Economics?
  13. Am I eligible to study M.A.(Economics) if secured 44% in B.A.(Economics & Maths)?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for CAT to study MBA if completed B.A.(Economics)? List of coaching classes in Chennai?
  15. Eligibility to study M.Sc in Economics for B.A.(Economics) student?
  16. What to do after doing Economics(hons)? Should I go for MBA in finance or MSc in applied economics?
  17. Am I eligible to study M.A.(Economics) if secured 45% in B.A.?
  18. Am I eligible for economics Hons after completing 12th with 86% with science stream
7th May 2015, 02:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MBA course after completion of BA Economics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am a student of 3rd semester 2 year with the honours of economics.After graduation i want to do MBA,can i do this? What would be the minimum criteria we need to have for doing MBA course after graduation? Can someone please provide me the information soon as possible? Thank you!
Yes, after completion of your graduation degree you can apply for MBA entrance exams.

Those candidates who have completed graduation from a recognized university are eligible for MBA entrance exam. Your graduation marks must be above 50% from recognized university. Final year candidate are eligible for MBA entrance exam.

List of the MBA entrance Exams:-

CAT: All IIMs' and 100+ more institutes.
XAT: XLRI Jamshedpur, XIM Bhubaneshwar, S. P. Jain, GIM etc.
SNAP: Institutes affiliated with Symbiosis University
JMET: IITs' and NITs' Management Program
MH-CET: Colleges in Maharashtra
CMAT: All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
7th May 2015, 02:55 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue MBA course, even if your a candidate who was from BA Economics course. To get admission in MBA course, you can apply for some MBA entrance exams like CAT, GMAT, XAT, MAT, etc. If you qualify in any of such MBA entrance exams, then you can get admission in MBA course.

Minimum Eligibility:-
Almost all the candidates, who have completed their Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to join in MBA course.
7th May 2015, 03:21 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

General Eligibility for MBA course:

Aspirants who have graduated from any background are very much eligiblr to do MBA course.

There is no such age limit for it.

Academic Qualification:

> Graduates must have completed their studies with more than 55% to be eligible to apply for MBA course.

> For admission in MBA course, students need to write any one of the entrance examination mentioned below;

MAT

CAT

XAT

ATMA

After having cleared the examination,students will get admission in various MBA colleges depending upon their marks scored in entrance examination.
7th May 2015, 05:19 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Yes, after completing your graduation you can opt for master degree, but for doing MBA you need to give entrance test for it, like for taking admission in any IIM you need to sit for entrance exam known as CAT common aptitude test like wise different MBA colleges have different entrance exams to give, and for any appearing in any entrance exam for MBA you should be have minimum 50% and above in all three years average, then only you are eligible for any entrance examination.
7th May 2015, 08:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do MBA course after completion of your B.A course. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to pursue MBA course. To get admission in MBA course, you must have to appear in MBA entrance examinations like CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, etc. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in MBA course.
7th May 2015, 08:27 PM
Cisco India

Smile Re: Am I eligible to do MBA course after completion of BA Economics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Yes, sure you can go for the MBA by pursuing these courses. Also you need minimum of 60% of aggregate in your graduation to get selected in any of the Best MBA college through their Written Examination.
7th May 2015, 09:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria to Pursue MBA Course:

Yes, you are eligible to pursue MBA (Master of Business Administration) after completion of Graduation. The minimum educational qualification required to study MBA course is "Graduation or Bachelor's Degree in ANY DISCIPLINE" from a recognized university (any Indian University/ AICTE). Candidates who successfully complete their Graduation with minimum 50% marks are certainly eligible to pursue MBA Course. Final year candidates who pursue their Graduation are also eligible to apply for MBA Entrance Examination. As you are pursuing 2nd year now, I suggest you to start applying for MBA Entrance Examinations from next year onwards.

Most of the colleges consider any one of the below MBA Entrance Exam's score to get admission for MBA seat in their college/ university. But there are still some colleges which does not consider any entrance exam's score to give seat in their institute. As far as my knowledge is concerned, to get a seat in top Business Schools I suggest you give the below entrance examinations.

>> Management Aptitude Test

>> Common Admission Test

>> ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT)

>> IGNOU OPENMAT Entrance Exam

>> Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Exam

>> Xavier's Aptitude Test (XAT)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?