23rd January 2014, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Instrumentation Design course? Am I on right path?

Respected Sir,
my name is Abhishek.i want 2 enter into power,oil,gas sector so can i do instrumentation design course as i have done BE wth elec & comm branch in june 2010.it will be ok to do dis course as i have heard that there are much job oppurtunities after instrumentation design course.i have opted for smartbrain institute at ghaziabad.so pls guide me dat i m on right path or not

2nd February 2014, 12:31 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Instrumentation Design course? Am I on right path?

Jobs in power, oil and gas sector is considered as one of the best jobs in modern India. Keeping in mind the future trends and demand of the market, it is expected that the design engineers will be highly demanded in the near future. Moreover, India is taking the initiative to build up many design labs which will enhance the demand further.

It is good that you are pursuing some course apart from your main course of study. Instrumentation design is a good course and is of great use in the companies of power and oil sector. So you can get job opportunities based on the course. However, instrumentation engineers are recruited by the companies of these sectors for the purpose.

Hence, it will be useful for you to study your branch subject properly along with the course. You should give GATE exam which will provide you the opportunity to work with many PSUs in this sector. Moreover, having the instrumentation course in your resume will act as an additional benefit for you since you will get preference over other similar candidates.
4th February 2014, 04:11 PM
roy_abhi

Default Re: Am I eligible for Instrumentation Design course? Am I on right path?

Yes , you are on the right path there is many opportunities for instrument engineer . You can check out the what option you have as instrument engineer here
http://www.timesjobs.com/jobskill/Instrumentation-Engineer-Jobs
http://www.placementindia.com/engineering-jobs/instrumental.htm

Check out the requirements that industry demands from a instrument engineer and prepare well to fulfill their requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
my name is Abhishek.i want 2 enter into power,oil,gas sector so can i do instrumentation design course as i have done BE wth elec & comm branch in june 2010.it will be ok to do dis course as i have heard that there are much job oppurtunities after instrumentation design course.i have opted for smartbrain institute at ghaziabad.so pls guide me dat i m on right path or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?