17th August 2010, 03:39 AM
Ankur saraswat

Opting for civil engineering is a good choice or not?

hey
i have cleared my 10+2 this yr only...im planning to opt civil engineering bt ppl around r nt suggesting the same because i dn't have capital for initial investment + its to tough for a child belonging to gen category to claim govt. jobs.....
what to do next????
please reply fast tomorrow is my counsling

Related Questions:
  1. After PCM 12th should I choose engineering as almost all of them are opting for it?
  2. Which course is a good choice for me to join after completion of Civil Engineering?
  3. Can I study Mechanical or Civil or Electrical in Diploma if secured 2126 rank in JEXPO?
  4. Whether pursuing Diploma in Civil Engineering is beneficial for me?
  5. What can I do after completion of BSc computer application?
  6. Which engineering course is best for me in Gujarat? Is Civil engineering a good choice for me? I am a student of 12th science of Gujarat board
  7. Which stream in Engineering is a better choice for me between Civil and Computer Science being a candidate good at Maths and not good in Drawing?
  8. Cutoff list for direct 2nd year admission?
  9. Is it a good choice to for interior designing masters after completion of B.E in Civil? -- [New]
  10. List of Colleges or Universities offering Correspondence B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Does AMIE a good choice for this course?
  11. How to get a good government job after B.E in mechanical engineering?
  12. Which is a better option for a commerce student between CA and MBA?
  13. Is SRM a good choice for M.E in Constrcution management or Structural engineering? On and off campus placement opportunities?
  14. How to do graduation in B.A Political Science after opting for commerce in class 11th?
  15. Which one is a good choice for me between B.Tech Civil Engineering and B.Architecture having completed Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  16. Is it true that Civil Engineering is a not a good career choice for Girls?
  17. Solved multiple choice question of Civil Engineering?
  18. Under which stream can a B.Arch Graduate give UPSC IES Exam?
17th August 2010, 05:14 AM
richa420
Banned

Default Re: Opting for civil engineering is a good choice or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankur saraswat View Post
hey
i have cleared my 10+2 this yr only...im planning to opt civil engineering bt ppl around r nt suggesting the same because i dn't have capital for initial investment + its to tough for a child belonging to gen category to claim govt. jobs.....
what to do next????
frnd
u can take admission in civil engineering with full faith as now a days Indian goverment has started the work constuction all over the india.so civil eng r in large demand. Also u can join privte firm.U can take bank loan at no interest.
thanks
17th August 2010, 09:08 AM
yashwanth

HI ankur ,
please go with that civil option itself there are nice opportunties in this due to less competetion.......
17th August 2010, 09:56 AM
hsakapandit
Banned

Location: Vill. and Post Office Katrain, Near Shiv Temple, Distt. and Teh. Kullu (Himachal Pradesh) India

Yes! Civil Engineering is one of the best engi. but Mechanical Engi. is good if you can choose.
17th August 2010, 10:34 AM
jiyaa

dear friend,
sorry for the late reply,since civil engineering is a core branch and at the same time it is evergreen branch,so donot bother for the job,you definetly get it
work hard,intoday market situation it is very branch to go for....keep faith in yourself you wil surely get a job....
with best wishes
17th August 2010, 10:40 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

dear frnd .according to present market situation civil engineering is best ..
u shuld hav any confusion ...
17th August 2010, 11:26 AM
pradeepkarki65

Thumbs up Re: Opting for civil engineering is a good choice or not?

it is better choice for men to choose civil engg. after 10+2 beacause many construction companies demand civil enggineers
17th August 2010, 11:33 AM
jainlove

Quote:
hey
what to do next????

if you are interested to do engineering? then have u given any entrance exam? like JEE for IIT or AIEEE for NIT'S?
CIVIL ENGG. is a good choice to get government job but you should do it from a good institution.
& don't worry about your financial conditions, if you will qualify any good entrance exam as stated above then you can easily get loan from any bank at low interest rate.
17th August 2010, 11:34 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

its my should that go for civil engineering.let the people say . now a days civil engineering has very good scope.this branch is called as core branch. there is a lot of opportunities in this field. after this course you can join constructions companies like L &T, IRCON, GVG, TCC etc.

also you can join real estate fields.you can also join goverment jobs by passing IES.

you can earn huge money.so go for it.trust me.

best of luck.
17th August 2010, 11:37 AM

As you siad that you have cleared 12th standard, firstly concentrate on Engineering if you plan to opt for Engineer any branch...Civil as you like....

But utlemeatley it require to be gradutation as qualifycation requirememt for Civil Services....Best of luck....
17th August 2010, 12:46 PM
avneetrocky

ya sure civil is ofcourse booming industry but from my side u think 4m ur heart because next 4 years u have to study not ppl
u know in civil eng. there is lots of work of construction ,so this is up too u.......... in what feild u have interest
17th August 2010, 04:09 PM
Shagun Makin

Dear friend,
It is good that you re looking forward for your career in civil engineering.
This all depends on your choice and interest.
If you re interested in dealing with civil works like construction of buildings etc then you can surely go for this!!!!!
Regards
Shagun
17th August 2010, 04:24 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Opting for Civil engineering is a good choice because there are lots of opportunities for them one You can look for jobs in road projects, building work, consultancy firms, quality testing laboratories or housing societies. Civil engineers are employed in the construction projects carried out by central, state, railways and defense. You can go for research or teaching or start your own consultancy services
17th August 2010, 04:30 PM
danveer

Quote:
hey
what to do next????
dear civil engineering best as you also have interest in so you choose it for your career now days many bridges malls and buulding are constructed you will have scope in them so alover it is fine trade and civil engineers direct call for interviw in BARC without written exam
ok best of luck
17th August 2010, 04:59 PM
swati123

Let people say what they want to...just follow your heart. If you are willing to go for Civil Engineering, then take the plunge. Remember, Civil Engineering is a Core Branch of Engineering...as long as man lives, the need for infrastructure will be there and hence there will be no dearth of work for you. The only thing you will need to take care is that you will have to give it the best shot. As in other fields, rank carelessness will ruin your prospects. So, be attentive and positive and your Civil Engineering degree(s) will definitely gift you an exiciting and promising career.
17th August 2010, 05:12 PM
jainlove

Quote:
hey
what to do next????
don't worry for intial investment you will get education loan from any bank if you are doing engineering from a good institute.
civil is good very good
17th August 2010, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
Ihave passed Diploma in Civil Engineering in second class at Bangalore board of technical examination can I get direct admission for second year civil engineering please help me sir please reply fast
17th August 2010, 05:59 PM
ece

hello boss civil engineering is such a good field to get a good job and there is no need to invest capital first u must complete ur degree..after that there r lots of fields to get job
17th August 2010, 06:27 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definately civil engineering is a good choice after your +2.

as you know civil engineering is most demanding subject in India as well as in abroad.

you know core engg is very good chose after +2.

so you may take civil engg.

all the best......
17th August 2010, 06:45 PM
shivdayal sharma

Civil engg now best option, government take more interest in infrastructure, after complete civil engg u have many option such in hydro power sector,real state, road etc also in government sector like PWD, state irrigation, BRO.
17th August 2010, 07:11 PM
divy

see if u ve true faith in urself then let the whole world go to hell!!!!!!!!!! as far as the financial condition is concerned there have been many istances wen the poor have out score the rich! so b confident, have faith in urself and work hard!!!!!!
best of luck!!!!!!
17th August 2010, 07:31 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
Civil engineering is very good choice and there are very good scope in private and government sector. government sector like Railway, NTPC,oil company and also many semi government company so you can choose this branch.

good luck.
17th August 2010, 07:51 PM
Pankajchhawani

yes it is good as you can see in your surrounding many constructions are going on.
every one wants a good houce,office.
17th August 2010, 08:08 PM
Senior Member+++

no friend your friends who are suggesting you their opinion about the govt jobs is not right in my point of view

civil engineering is a very good field to pursue and rest depends on your interest and you can go for civil engineering form a govt institute and do not worry about the financial investment as you can take a loan at easy plans from the banks and also you can get the loan at even very low interest or a study loan .

here i am providing you the scope of civil engineering in future and in India in a pdf format.
and friend if you do really hard work then you will be surely successful at a very low investment

:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf forum.pdf(87.5 KB, 170 views)
17th August 2010, 11:00 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Dont listen to what people say. Civil Engineering is one of the hottest branches these adys and if you want to do a private then you may need some initial investement but not in govt jobs.

So go for it as you have interest in it. Its a wonderful course as me myself doing it.

Best of luck
17th August 2010, 11:25 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

now a days civil engineering has very good scope.this branch is called as core

branch. there is a lot of opportunities in this field.Civil engineers are employed

in the construction projects carried out by central, state, railways and defense.

You can go for research or teaching or start your own consultancy services,if

you will qualify any good entrance exam as stated above then you can easily

get loan from any bank at low interest rate.
18th August 2010, 01:53 AM
shubham957

Smile Re: Opting for civil engineering is a good choice or not?

Quote:
hey
what to do next????
civil engineering is an evergreen trade. there are private and government jobs available for civil engineers. it is difficult to get govt jobs but it is difficult for everyone. not especially for general category students. and if you work hard in your studies then you will surely get a good job
18th August 2010, 05:15 PM
anki_8816

Yes opting for Civil Engineering is a good option.After Mechanical Engineering it is the only evergreen branch in Engineering.Moreover several malls and construction sites are building these days and this will continue for another 20 years.So study hard and clear your degree on time.Surely you will get the job with good package.
18th August 2010, 06:15 PM

First of all take consideration in mind that engineering in any steam will make you technical guy....second thing is that Civil is a core branch what more you want to know....scope will never end ....that;s it ...It may possible in future steel, Iron etc will be used for buidling higway rather than concreate, cement or bricks.....But engneering will not end.
19th August 2010, 12:44 AM
jainlove

opting civil engineering is a good choice, as above is it mentioned that it is core branch & having large & good scope.
no need to worry about it
19th August 2010, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

If you are good in studies and you will not have any backlogs at the completion of degree then you will be surely get placed in a godd organisation.Private is also good in Civil Engineering and they gave jobs only to good candidate.Civil is the best option these days.
20th August 2010, 10:12 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
As per the present scenario, civil engineering is one the most rewarding programme due to the infrastructural development throughout India. Expansion in the field of railways, power sectors, malls etc. has open up lots of job opportunity for civil engineers in this country and will definitely accelerate in future.
Along with it, the development policies of indian government has also provided employement to civil engineers in the last few years and the same is expected in the coming future.
After becoming a civil engineer, you may appear for IES exam for a bright future. Either in private sector or public sector, demand of civil engineer is ever growing and hence, there's no need to give it a second thought.
20th August 2010, 03:18 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

U don't need to worry, because civil engineering is a core branch, and the market of core branch will never be down..that's why everyone called this core branch as evergreen branch.. if u do well in ur graduation in that particular branch then u can apply for any govt. job..

as India is now a developing country, there are huge scope for civil engineers.

so don't hesitate just go for it...

wish u all the best...
31st August 2010, 08:46 PM
rajesh gupta 1

Dear friend;

Opting for civil engineering is a good choice .

Because it is a ever green brach of engineering.

Job oppurtunity of civil engineer is wide.
2nd September 2010, 05:41 AM
syedirshadameen

Post Re: Opting for civil engineering is a good choice or not?

It is a very good choice and it has more demand in past,prasent,future.
26th September 2010, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of civil engineering in pakistan?what is the relationship of architectural engineering with civil engineering?
27th September 2010, 12:50 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

YES ! Definately

Civil engineering is one of the good branch in now a days and Civil engineering provides a nice backbone for later development.

So, after doing B.Tech from civil engineering, one can look for jobs in road projects, building work, consultancy firms, quality testing laboratories or housing societies.

So, dont worry, civil engineering is a evergreen branch in now a days and you will get good salary pacakge after completion of this course.
27th September 2010, 12:18 PM
chaitu667

Hello friend!

As far as I concerned civil engineering is one of the good branches in engineering.

These days civil engineering as a better scope and it has got govt jobs and private jobs which offers you an unexpected salary. Mostly road projects, construction work, quality testing laboratories, etc.

It will help you to find your better future, not only civil but there are other branches which gives you a bright future. Since you are interested in Civil, its better to do it from well known colleges like NIT's or IIt's or other well known universities then it will be full of worth.

Good luck!
27th September 2010, 05:51 PM
Mathur.

Well civil engineering is a good branch if you want to go in government jobs.
In my opinion electronics and communication is better than civil engineering.
27th September 2010, 07:33 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

Quote:
hey
what to do next????
as you have cleared my 10+2 this yr so you can join civil without any fear it is overall good brach you can do well in if study it carefully
27th September 2010, 07:57 PM
nuzhat fathima

hi friend you are thinking of the right course after your puc.civil and mechanical are the two evergreen fields in b.e.you have many job options.try your luck.

all the best
27th September 2010, 08:23 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Ofcourse friend...opting for CIVIL engineering has a great scope for you in future...As the number of constructions and building works are increasing day by day....Civil engineers are in demand...As it is a core branch you will also find core companies looking after you...

So good luck !!!

Go for a branch you are intrested in...
27th September 2010, 11:19 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

Hi,
You are right. Now-a-days there are many scopes in civil engineering both in
Govt. and private sector like cement industry, road construction authority,
bridge construction etc........
27th September 2010, 11:57 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

there is no any doubt that the civil engineering department is on the top now.

and also there is a lot of the job option for the civil engineers in government sector

as welll in the private sector.

and as far as the investment is comsern then you can take loan from the bank for the

education purpose.
28th September 2010, 12:16 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

I think yur decision is absolutly right and you can proceed further in civils without any hesitation.
Bright career waits for you.
Its such an stream where demand is going to increase in coming days
31st May 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

i finished my 10 2 this year my pcm is less so i am goinging for diplomo in civil what can i do next
1st June 2011, 10:22 AM
sri_green09

yes it is good for opting the civil,it has a lot of scope in the future.
2nd July 2011, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

i m confused over chossing civil and ece !!!! intrested in civil but due less jobs i m in trouble???
8th May 2013, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

hey guyz plz help me with the ans that is thier any scope of civil engineering in pakistan? if not then plz help me with the names of countries having scope in this field...
8th May 2013, 05:19 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend ,

Roads, bridges, tunnels, airports, dams, buildings, water and sewage systems and every other aspect of infrastructure development owes its success to civil engineering.

A civil engineering degree is a specialized study of environmental, structural, water resources, construction and transportation.

These courses have varied subjects that includes mathematics and physics and which are regarded as the core subjects. Geometry, trigonometry, calculus, chemistry, and material science are some of the topics that are learned by students in these courses.

A degree in this field prepares you for a job opportunity as structural engineers, transportation engineers, geo technical engineers, water resource engineers, environmental engineers, construction managers, waste water engineers, compliance officers, government, and urban planning engineers.

It is a highly rewarding career option and as a civil engineer, you will get immense satisfaction seeing the road that you helped design ease traffic bottlenecks. It is financially very rewarding and there have been an increasing number of graduates who are opting for this as a career due to the many options that are available.

A master's degree will help you attain more success in your career. There is a growing need for good engineers and your qualifications will help you get the decisive edge over other candidates.

GOOD LUCK !
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?