10th January 2017, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join genetic engineering after graduation?

I am in last year of my honours cource in botany.so can I join any institution after completing my graduation. If it is not possible can I join that after my post graduation? In case of post graduation what would be the subjects I have to choose ?

Related Questions:
  1. How to join in genetic engineering branch after scoring 92% in aggregate? BEst colleges for genetic engineering in AP
  2. How to join genetic engineering after completing 12th?
  3. Is Mathematics compulsory for studying genetic engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I join genetic engineering after taking BIPC in 12th?
  5. What are the courses eligible for genetic engineering students?
  6. What is the qualification required for doing post graduation in genetic engineering?
  7. How can I join Genetic engineering after HSC?
  8. Can I join genetic engineering without B.Tech?
  9. Can I join Genetic Engineering after 12th without having Maths in 11th? Which colleges in India offer Genetic Engineering course?
  10. What is Genetic Engineering? What are the placements after Post Graduation in Genetic Engineering?
  11. Am I eligible to take up genetic engineering without Maths in 11th and 12th?
  12. Is it possible to join Genetic Engineering after doing PCM subjects?
  13. Eligibility to do Genetic Engineering?
  14. Cut off marks required to get admission on merit basis in any good Genetic Engineering college?
  15. Which are the colleges offering genetic engineering in Maharashtra? Marks required to apply for genetic engineering? Which are the other competitive exams for genetic engineering?
  16. Am I eligible to take admission in MSc Genetic Engineering after BSc Agricultural Biotech Final Year? List of top most colleges of MSc Genetic Engineering in India?
  17. How to join genetic engineering after studying 12th in science
  18. Am I eligible to do internship in AIIIMS while studying Genetic Engineering?

11th January 2017, 08:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join genetic engineering after graduation?

To be eligible to get admission to join Genetic engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects from a recognised board. Admissions in Genetic engineering course are done through entrance examination conducted by respective university. Since, you have passed your Bachelor's degree in Botany, you can't pursue Genetic engineering course.

11th January 2017, 10:47 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to do graduation degree (B.E. / B.Tech) in Genetic engineering is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology or bachelors degree in Science or Molecular Biology.

Admission to this course is carried out based on merit i.e the marks secured in the final exams of 10+2 and through entrance exams conducted at state and national level or through the entrance exams conducted by the concerned institution. Admission in IIT's for this course is made through JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) performance.

11th January 2017, 11:46 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

To eligible for genetic engineering you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-

->>Candidates must have passed 12th Standard with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology.
Or
A bachelor’s degree in science or molecular biology.

List of top genetic engineering colleges in India:-

**All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Marg, New Delhi-110 029.

**Amravati Uaniversity, Amravati-44 602

**Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Rajasthan-304 022

**Bharathiar University, Coimbatore-641 046, TN

**Bose Institute, P-1/12, CIT Scheme, VII Kankurgachi, Calcutta-700 054.

**Calicut University, Kozhikode-673 635, Kerala

**Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-25.

12th January 2017, 12:57 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in last year of my honours cource in botany.so can I join any institution after completing my graduation. If it is not possible can I join that after my post graduation? In case of post graduation what would be the subjects I have to choose ?
Being a Botany student you are definitely you are eligible for Genetic engineering course. The minimum eligibility criteria for Master degree in Genetic engineering is Graduation in Genetic engineering and studied the subjects like biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology or biochemistry OR a doctorate from a recognized university. You must appear and qualify in the GATE entrance exam in order to get admission.

12th January 2017, 08:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for Genetic Engineering course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for Genetic Engineering course.

Your age should be above 17 years.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?