10th January 2017, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Is graduation a must for girls to join in defence?

Do I have to complete my graduation to be in a defence line, or 10+2 will do? What is the age limit? Can you please give me the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the complete details. Awaiting for the response.

11th January 2017, 07:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is graduation a must for girls to join in defence?

Sorry, to say that girls are not eligible to join in Defence as per UPSC guidelines. Only unmarried Male candidates who have passed 12th standard or graduation with Physics and Mathematics subjects at 12th standard level are eligible to join Defence through NDA or CDS examination. The minimum age limit to join Defence through NDA is 16.5 years and for CDS is 24 years. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to join in Defence.
11th January 2017, 11:41 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, girls candidates are not eligible to join defence sector after 12th qualification.

The minimum required qualification to join defence jobs is bachelor degree. After completion of bachelor degree candidates can appear for CDS and also eligible to get recruitment through other entries in defence wings.

So, you can appear for examination. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.careerairforce.nic.in.
12th January 2017, 07:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do I have to complete my graduation to be in a defence line, or 10+2 will do? What is the age limit? Can you please give me the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the complete details. Awaiting for the response.
Graduation degree is essential for girls candidates to join in defence sector through CDS exam. Because girls candidates are not eligible for NDA exam after completion of 12th standard.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Naval Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized University.

Indian Air Force Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized University.

Indian Military Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 years
Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 years
Naval Academy: - 19 to 22 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?