1st March 2015, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study B.Ed if completed B.Sc from Punjab University?

Hi everybody,
I m Yash. I have done B.Sc in
Hotel Management from Punjab University.
I want to do B.Ed. So please tell me
I am eligible for doing B.Ed or not?

2nd March 2015, 10:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study B.Ed if completed B.Sc from Punjab University?

Yes surely you can apply for B.Ed admission if you have got B.Sc degree from Panjab University with at least 50% marks. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

For getting admission in B.Ed program you have to appear for entrance exam and perform excellently in it. Most of the B.Ed entrance exams ask for 50% marks in Degree, therefore, make sure that you have got that much marks.
3rd March 2015, 09:37 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to study B.Ed if completed B.Sc from Punjab University?

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed course.

In order to get admission in any university for B.Ed course you should have minimum 50% in your graduation or in post graduation for general category student.

If you belong to SC/ST category then your admission criteria is 40% in graduation or post graduation.

If you belong PD category then you should have minimum 45% in graduation or post graduation.

If you have completed your graduation through distance than you need to sit for the entrance exams conducted by the university, and if you qualify in entrance exam then you are eligible for B.Ed.
3rd March 2015, 11:33 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You are eligible to study B.Ed after your successful completion of B.Sc (Hotel Management) from Punjab University. Since you meet the all the required eligibility criteria, I can say that you can go ahead of pursuing B.Ed Course with the qualifications you have. The detailed Eligibility criteria to pursue B.Ed course is given below,

Eligibility Criteria:

<@> Candidate must have passed graduation or Bachelor degree in the following streams.
* Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
* Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
* Bachelor of Arts (B.A)

<@> There is no certain age limit required to pursue B.Ed course. So you do not even need to worry about age limits.

<@> You must have passed B.Sc (Hotel Management) with minimum 50% marks to pursue B.Ed course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?