14th March 2015, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Any chance of government jobs after getting only 42% in graduation?

Sir/Mam,

I got 42% in my graduation i was preparing for bank po/clerk and ssc exams but after getting such a poor marks i am thinking that even i clear up any competitive exam i will be dropped down in interview . So what next should i do i am confused and very depressed.please reply me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. In which Government jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech in CSE? Criteria for the government jobs? Which exams to appear for?
  2. How to prepare for Government jobs while doing my Graduation?
  3. Any chance of government jobs after getting only 42% in graduation? -- [New]
  4. Where can I get government jobs or semi government companies jobs after completing MBA in Marketing?
  5. Good coaching Centres for Bank Exam in Chennai? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is there any chance to get Government job after completing B.Tech IT?
  7. Any chance to get a government job after scoring 60% in B.Tech ECE 3rd year
  8. List of good government jobs for girls?
  9. What are the government jobs after completing graduation in B.E Mechanical
  10. What I have to do to get a Job after completion of BCA course?
  11. Which government jobs are good for girls with a minimum salary of 25,000?
  12. Is BA(hons.) from Amity a good course for getting a job? Is BBA from IPU a good option after 84% marks in 12th without Maths?
  13. Can I apply for government jobs like SBI PO or IBPS PO? I have scored 49% marks in Graduation
  14. Is there any chance of getting a job in private company and government department? How to apply for the same?
  15. Is it possible to do MS after doing graduation with 58%? Any chance to get jobs after completing MS?
  16. What are the government jobs for students having MBA in marketing? Are there any Semi Government companies for Marketing Jobs?
  17. Will there be any chances for me to get Government Jobs having secured 61% in B.Sc, 70% in B.Ed and 54% in M.Sc?
  18. Any chance to get government jobs after completing diploma in Textile Technology with 68.7%/
20th March 2015, 09:59 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Any chance of government jobs after getting only 42% in graduation?

Selection of a right candidate to work in Banking Sector or Staff Selection Commission department or in any other department is generally based on the performance of candidate considered together in Written Test and Interview of that particular recruitment. So do not get tensed and depressed as well since there are many number of job opportunities and chances are available for Graduates. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduation Pass" or Bachelor Degree pass from a recognized university. As you have successfully passed Graduation, you are of course eligible to apply for Bank Clerk, PO and SSC Examination being a graduate. Remember, your graduation percentage is no where considered in selection process as only written test and Interview marks are considered.
27th March 2015, 09:56 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem it is.

1.The eligibility criteria for bank tests are as follows.

.Age limits is 20 - 30 years,
.Must have completed graduation course in any field,
.Must be proficient in the local language of that state,
.Must have studied computer subject once in his/her education from childhood.

2.Above are the eligibility conditions for bank test.

3.As of those conditions graduation completion is required but percentage you scored in graduation is not required.

4.So check all other conditions too.

5.If your are okay with other conditions then you are eligible to appear for bank/PO post exams.

Hope this information is helpful to you................

Have a nice day..............
28th March 2015, 04:54 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

You must not worry if you have secured less percentage marks in graduation because your knowledge is somewhat wrong about selection process of Banks and SSC exams because selections through these exams are processed and finalized on the basis of marks secured in written examination and interview process or computer test etc. therefore you are required not worry and focus on preparation.

First of all you should prepare well for competitive exams of Bank or SSC any one of these or both because there is no problem and try to secure higher marks in exam than that of others because marks secured by you in written test are weightage of 80% in selection and rest 20% depends on performance of interview and marks secured in interview process therefore you are required to prepare well.

Prepare well for all those subjects asked in bank exams : Reasoning Ability, Mathematics, English Language, Current Affairs and Banking Awareness and Computer Knowledge and if you secure more than 70% marks in written examination and prepare well for interview and secures more than 80% in interview process then also you will be finally selected by the committee because there is no such rule mentioned in the notice that final selection of the candidate will be processed on the basis of previous academic record as well so you are required not to worry and focus on preparation.
29th March 2015, 11:38 PM
sanspeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I got 42% in my graduation i was preparing for bank po/clerk and ssc exams but after getting such a poor marks i am thinking that even i clear up any competitive exam i will be dropped down in interview . So what next should i do i am confused and very depressed.please reply me soon.
It is seen that in many exam topper not always have good academics marks as come to competition that has more importance to it.
So it is advisable you should start your prepareness with fullest without caring about the past results.

for bank po ,ssc exam or any other competitive exams only require minimum marks so it all depend upon the performance on their competative exam so the true talent can be judge by only garaduation marks.

It is advisable for your interview if you qualifies the pre exam with very good ranks or marks it can also be helpful in selection at the time of interview,so you should be focussed and determine to compete well in that exam.

also it seen in many competative one who suceed that work hard and compete with others irrespective of their academics marks.
30th March 2015, 11:10 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

It's not the time to get confused and worried .As there is no specific marks or aggregate required for PO or SSC.The merit lost of selected candidates are made on the basis of there performance in written and interview.So instead of becoming worried about what had happened try to focus on the preparation.

The interviewing officer's always watch your previous educational qualification .But they are not much interested in it of you have performed well now.But they will sometimes ask questions regarding the reason for it.

So I suggest that do not become depressed and try to concentrate on upcoming opportunity.
3rd April 2015, 04:22 PM
Ashwakh

With 42% in Graduation also , you can apply for several Governemnt jobs particularly you can apply for the Defence sector jobs. Your percentage is not a considerable factor for the Defence Service entrance exams like CDS exam .

~ You can apply for the CDS exam to join in Defence services.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service

This exam will be conducted by UPSC of India
This exam will be held Twice in every year.
CDS-1 and CDS-2

~ Your age shouldbe in between 19-22 years , for Navy
~ Your age shoudleb in between 19-23 years , for Airforce
~ Your age shoudbe in between 19-24 years , for Army
~ Your age shouldbe in between 19-25 years , for OTA (Officers Training Academy)
~ You shouldbe a citizen of india
~ You shouldbe a Unmarried candidate

Exam Syllabus:-
===========

1) General Knowledge = 100 marks
2) General English = 100 marks
3) Elementary maths = 100 marks
4th April 2015, 10:23 PM
kunalroy89

You are right to some extent that interviewer will ask questions about your low marks in graduation. But I am telling you from practical experience that what they look for is a clear answer to that question and not just reject. Remember the panel members are there to select worthy candidates and not just keep rejecting on past failures.
You keep in mind that there is nothing to lose if your marks are low.Your interview and selection depends on your marks in the written test of the specific examination and not other exams.
If you think that being a low scorer in graduation would let your rejection then should the topper from your college or university qualifies for direct selection?
Get up and study hard to score high marks in written tests of whichever exam you want to appear for as in Bank Clerk,Bank PO,CDS etc.
And prepare well for interview about how well to tackle questions about your low marks.
Here people completing graduation in 4-5years are getting good jobs and you are depressed for scoring low marks.
Work hard and you will get a good job.
5th April 2015, 10:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There might be some question on previous qualification . But instead of bothering about it if you give attention to the preparation then definitely you will qualify in the competitive examination with good marks .

Now a days all the competitive examination just requires minimum aggregate in the graduation for qualification . Above that the merit list are created on the performance in the respective examination .

They may ignore the marks if there is any proper reason of bad results . So do not hesitate and go for the entrance and qualify the written and leave it for the interviewer to judge you .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?