27th December 2014, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Appearing in 12th Improvement exam will ruin my preparation for JEE Mains & Advanced?

Hii i have droppe a year for jee main and advance and I have 76 percent in my 12 BOARDS should i appear for improvement if i want to do well in jee mains or shall i focus only on jee mains exam ONLY ............
Which option will be better for my good rank ( to be frank i don't want to give improvement but i m little confused )

28th December 2014, 06:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Appearing in 12th Improvement exam will ruin my preparation for JEE Mains & Advanced?

It is best to concentrate on your preparation for JEE Main and Advance examination than 12th improvement examinations because 76% in 12th standard is enough to be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. If you wish to improve your percentage, then, you need to appear in your 12th standard improvement exams and this will helpful you while preparing for JEE examinations also. So, I suggest you to prepare for JEE Main and Advance examination, so, that you can score good rank and you can get a good seat in top college/ university for pursuing your higher studies.
28th December 2014, 11:06 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Appearing in 12th Improvement exam will ruin my preparation for JEE Mains & Advanced?

Improvement exam is a way to Improve your 12th class percentage by giving the board exam again next year.

* For Admission to NIT's, Central Funded Technical Institutions(CFTI's) and other Participating Institutions, the merit/Rank list shall be prepared based on 40% weightage to school board Marks in Class 12 or its equivalent examination and 60% weightage to JEE(Mains).The weightage to School board/equivalent examination shall be considered only after Normalization.

It is Better to write the Improvement exams as it improves your class 12 percentage which will beneficial for your JEE examination.

If you want to get a Good rank in JEE(Mains) you must get good marks in JEE and also you must have a minimum of 80% in class 12 examination.
28th December 2014, 11:39 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

My suggestion for you, is to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced exams. If you are confident that you can get below 1,50,000 rank in JEE mains, try to follow my suggestion. Because, if you can get below 1,50,000 rani in JEE mains, you will become eligible for JEE Advanced and there is no need to write any improvement exam. If you are not confident, try to improve your 12th percentage up to standard, where you can fall in category of a students, who have secured top 20 percentile in your respective board. So, even in this way, you can appear for JEE advanced exam. Try to choose the best alternative, which is easy for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?