19th July 2014, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE Advance next year as per the 3 attempts rule?

My name is Surendra. Last year i filled up jee mains form with 12th but accidently i couldn't write jee mains exam and borads exam too...now this year i'm appearing 12th exam and jee mains also...bt i want to drop again in next year for jee advanced..so can i write jee advance next year..??

6th October 2014, 11:29 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Advance next year as per the 3 attempts rule?

No, you cannot appear for the JEE Advanced examination next year if you have completed your 12th standard last year. You have mentioned that you are going to appear for the 12th standard and JEE Main examinations this year, if you appear for 12th standard examinations this year then, you can appear for the JEE Advanced examination next year.

The candidates who have qualified in the JEE Main examination and who are in the top 1,50,000 rank of the JEE Main examination are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced examination. The maximum number of attempts for JEE Main examination is three times and the maximum number of attempts for JEE Advanced examination is two times in the consecutive years from the starting of the 12th standard.
31st May 2023, 09:23 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Advance next year as per the 3 attempts rule?

Yes, as per the current rules, candidates are allowed a maximum of two consecutive attempts in the JEE Advanced exam. However, from the academic year 2021 onwards, the number of attempts for JEE Advanced has been increased to a total of three, irrespective of consecutive years.

Therefore, if you have already appeared in JEE Advanced for two consecutive years and you meet the other eligibility criteria, you can still appear for JEE Advanced for the third attempt in the following year.

It's important to note that the exact rules and eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced may be subject to change, so it's advisable to refer to the official information brochure or website for the most accurate and updated information regarding the number of attempts and other eligibility requirements for a specific year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?