18th December 2015, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.Sc. (Fashion Technology) student appear for IAS examination?

I have done my graduation in b.sc degree from fashion technology stream. Now i want to appear for IAS examination. So tell me if i can apply for IAS or not?

18th December 2015, 09:45 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a B.Sc. (Fashion Technology) student appear for IAS examination?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed graduation from recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate of graduation to appear for examination. So, you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
18th December 2015, 10:02 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc. (Fashion Technology) student appear for IAS examination?

First of all I appreciate your willingness for giving the UPSC exam. Yes, definitely you are eligible for giving the IAS examination.

Following are the eligibility for IAS examination:

Educational Qualification: The student must possess a graduation degree from any recognized university. It does not matter from which stream you have done graduation. Also students in the final year of graduation are eligible for giving the preliminary exam.

Age limit: The upper age limit for General or OBC students is 32 years with a limit of 6 attempts. Relaxation in age and number of attempts is given to SC/ST/PWD candidates.

**Below is the attachment regarding the full notification of 2014. So if you want to know more information then you can go through it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSP 2014 English.pdf(5.56 MB, 18 views)
18th December 2015, 10:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my graduation in b.sc degree from fashion technology stream. Now i want to appear for IAS examination. So tell me if i can apply for IAS or not?
After completion of B.Sc in Fashion Technology, you can apply for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
19th December 2015, 12:51 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for IAS entrance exam after completing B.Sc. You can need to qualify in the Civil Service Aptitude Test, Main Examination and Interview to become a IAS office. You must appear in the Civil Service exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility Criteria :-

- You should have a Graduate degree in any desire specialization from a Recognized university and final year students may also eligible to apply.

- Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years at the time of appearing. The relaxation is given to the various reserved categories.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
19th December 2015, 04:53 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in Indian Administrative Services Examination. Since you have completed Bachelor Degree in Science, I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in IAS Examination. In order to join "Indian Administrative Services" you are required to write an entrance examination called "CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)" which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in IAS Recruitment Examination is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Degree of a recognized university is required and candidates who are appearing in the final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in IAS Examination. You are required to choose one of the Optional Subjects available in order to be eligible. Since you have completed B.Sc, I am sure you are eligible to appear in IAS Examination but remember you are required to choose optional subjects listed in the below link in Civil Services Main Exam.

Click here to View List of Optional Subjects
19th December 2015, 06:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

According to the eligibility criteria any stream graduates from a recognized university can apply for IAS examination. Therefore, you can also apply for it because you have a degree in fashion technology from a recognized university.

Just make sure that you fulfill the age criteria before applying for the exam. Exam is conducted by UPSC every year.
20th December 2015, 12:36 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you can appear for IAS examination with B.Sc in Fashion Technology.
The eligibility to appear for IAS examination is a graduation in any stream from the recognised university.
The upper age limit is 32 years for general category for OBC 32+3 years and SC/ST 32+5 years.
The UPSC will conduct the examination for the IAS.
There are preliminary examination, mains examination and interview for the selection.
You can check the details in the website also
http://www.upscexam.com/upsc_examina...igibility.html
11th November 2016, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

After 12th If I will do graduation in fashion designing so can I apply for IAS exam ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?