27th September 2012, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student of B.E information technology

Sir, I am student of B.E.(Information Technology) of second Yr student I want to become IAS
How I can start my preparation .Please provide me guidlines

3rd October 2012, 12:32 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student of B.E information technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am student of B.E.(Information Technology) of second Yr student I want to become IAS
It is appreciable that you are interested to become IAS officer in future and to become IAS officer you have to prepared accordingly, you need lots of hard work and good preparation to cracked this examination. If you want to become IAS Officer then you need study 6-7 Hrs per day, it is not easy to cracked this examination in 1-2 months preparation.

If your aim is only to become IAS Officer then please start preparation for this examination.

To become IAS Officer, you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC, every year in two stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

But firstly, you have to appear for the Preliminary examination, this examination is also called Civil services aptitude test and this is objective one and if you cracked this examination, then you are eligible for appear for main examination.

Main examination is descriptive and you have to choose the optional subjects for that.

So, please start preparing well for the Preliminary examination and then prepared for the Main examination. To apply for CSE Examination, you need a graduate degree in any discipline.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

Your age should between 21 to 30 years to apply for this exam, upper age relaxation is applicable for sc/st/obc candidates.

The notification of this examination is going to be published soon in Next year in the month of February, eligible candidates may fill the application form online from the official website. Please wait for the Notification and then apply online and for more details check official website.

http://upsc.gov.in
3rd October 2012, 12:44 AM
MOUSE92

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student of B.E information technology

dear,

you can easily become ias but you should have first some details and eligibility knowledge have a look:

education qualification:

--10th pass

--12th pass from any field

--graduation from any field

age limit:

general: 21 to 30 yrs

sc/st: 21 to 33 yrs

obc: 21 to 35 yrs

number attempts:

general: 4
obc:7

sc/st: no limit

exam procedure:

written

main

interview

this exam is conducted by upsc once every year

for becoming ias you have to give civil services exam

the require eligibility are mention above

for notification details or syllabus please visit:

http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd October 2012, 09:21 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through two stages of written exam followed by Personal Interview.

The candidate applying for Civil Service exam will be called for a Preliminary exam called as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test), the candidate selected out of it will be called for Civil Service Main exam and finally candidate selected out of it is called for Personal Interview.

As you are an under Graduate student of Information Technology, you can apply for Civil ervice exam in the final year of your B.Tech. studies.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd October 2012, 01:36 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Hello dear,

Its nice to see that you are aspiring to become an IAS officer.

IAS is commonly known as Indian Administrative Services.
To become an IAs officer you need to clear UPSC Civil Services Examination.

You can sit for the exam provided you follow the eligibility norms:

** You must have completed your graduation in any stream.

** Final year candidates may also apply.

** Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

There is age relaxation given for reserved categories.
SC/ST- 5 yrs
OBC- 3 yrs
PH- 10 yrs

Number of attempts:

4 in case of general
7 in case of OBC &
unlimited in case of SC/ST till they attain the age of 35 years.

There are 3 stages of examination:
Preliminary
Mains
Interview

According to latest pattern Preliminary exam is known as CSAT.

You have 2 papers in this:
General awareness
Aptitude test

If you fulfill these requirements you can fil the aplication form. Civil services exam is held every year.
For more Information log on to the official website:
www.upsc.goV.in

with regards
sumit
3rd October 2012, 01:37 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student of B.E information technology

Hello dear,

Its nice to see that you are aspiring to become an IAS officer.

IAS is commonly known as Indian Administrative Services.
To become an IAs officer you need to clear UPSC Civil Services Examination.

You can sit for the exam provided you follow the eligibility norms:

** You must have completed your graduation in any stream.

** Final year candidates may also apply.

** Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

There is age relaxation given for reserved categories.
SC/ST- 5 yrs
OBC- 3 yrs
PH- 10 yrs

Number of attempts:

4 in case of general
7 in case of OBC &
unlimited in case of SC/ST till they attain the age of 35 years.

There are 3 stages of examination:
Preliminary
Mains
Interview

According to latest pattern Preliminary exam is known as CSAT.

You have 2 papers in this:
General awareness
Aptitude test

If you fulfill these requirements you can fil the aplication form. Civil services exam is held every year.
For more Information log on to the official website:
www.upsc.goV.in

with regards
sumit
3rd October 2012, 04:20 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become an IAS Officer you have to complete your Graduation course first in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year appearing candidates can also apply for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.
To be eligible for this examination, you must be in the age group 21 - 30 years (reservation for reserved category)
Number of attempts is also limited. . . . .
* General - 4 times
* OBC - 6 times
* SC/ST - No limits
The notifications for this examination is published every year in the month of February. You have to fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC.
The application form is available in two parts and you have to fill both the parts completely. If you are already graduated and fulfil the above mentioned requirements then you are eligible to apply for this examination next year. The dates of next year examination is already published in the official wesite, please check www.upsc.gov.in
The examination is conducted in two stages, Preliminary and Mains, but you have to first appear for preliminary examination. And if you crack the preliminary then you have to appear for Mains examination.
The preliminary is objective type and contains two papers. So, you have to prepare well.
For further details, visit the official website www.upsc.gov.in
All the Best of Luck . . . . .
3rd October 2012, 05:01 PM

hello dear,

Its a very great thing to become an IAS officer .I am also preparing for the same.
you need lots of hard work and good preparation to cracked this examination. If you want to become IAS Officer then you need study 6-7 Hrs per day, it is not easy to cracked this examination in 1-2 months preparation.

If your aim is only to become IAS Officer then please start preparation for this examination from now only.

To become IAS Officer, you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC, every year in two stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

So, please start preparing well for the Preliminary examination and then prepared for the Main examination.
Your age should between 21 to 30 years to apply for this exam, upper age relaxation is applicable for sc/st/obc candidates.

U can check more on:
http://upsc.gov.in

3rd October 2012, 09:55 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student of B.E information technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

Eligibility and Criteria:

>> A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities....

>> Finall years student who are waiting for their final result can also apply for it....

>> General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category....

Relaxation on Upper Age:
  • For OBC category : up to 33 years
  • For SC/ST category : up to 35 years

No. Attempt:

• For General : 4 times.
  • For OBC : 7 times.
  • For Sc/ST : No Limits.

Exam Pattern:

The exam have three stages:
  1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview

All the best

With Regards....
Dharm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?