21st August 2017, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IIT after one year of preparation?

I am arriving. I completed 2nd year with 92% 2017, but I am prepared JEE mains for 1 year. Am I eligible for IIT? Please tell me your answer.

22nd August 2017, 12:37 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT after one year of preparation?

Yes, you are very much eligible to apply for IIT JEE examination with one year gape after the completion of 12th standard.
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM and scoring an aggregate of 60% in the qualifying examination from a recognized board are eligible for IIT JEE examination.
Candidate are allowed to appear a maximum of 3 attempts in JEE examination that too in three consecutive years after completion of 12th standard.
22nd August 2017, 12:58 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am arriving. I completed 2nd year with 92% 2017, but I am prepared JEE mains for 1 year. Am I eligible for IIT? Please tell me your answer.

Yes, you can appear for JEE after one year of preparation and after clearing it, you can get admission to IIT. Many students repeat the JEE after one year also. Some students who got less rank in JEE, they appear for JEE again in the next year. You can join coaching classes for JEE and prepare well for the JEE by studying at least 8 to 10 hours a day to get better rank. Based on your rank only, you will be admitted to IIT. Therefore, you can appear for JEE after one year of preparation.
22nd August 2017, 06:00 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for JEE Mains examination. Students have 3 attempts in JEE Mains and 2 attempts in JEE Advance.

Eligibility criteria for JEE Mains:-
Students must have completed their +2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
Students must have scored at least 75 percent aggregate in +2 examination from any recognized board.
22nd August 2017, 08:48 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology and for admission in IITs you need to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) held in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

Now the thing about number of attempts allowed for appearing in JEE is that you know that having completed your Class 12th in 2017 you can appear in JEE Advanced in 2017 and 2018 only where as you can appear in JEE Main 2019 as well apart from JEE Main 2017 and 2018.

So if you wait for one year for your preparation now then you will not be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced 2019 and so for admission in IITs.

For more details regarding JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
23rd August 2017, 12:36 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Yes, you can appear for IIT entrance examination after one year of preparation, there is no such problem in it.

You should have just completed your +2 level of education from a recognized board.

You should however be very much prepared for the test as it is not that easy to crack IIT entrance examination.
30th August 2017, 10:42 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

Definitely you can prepare for IIT after one year of preparation. There is no limit for it... Go ahead with your preparation and give your best for it.
31st August 2017, 10:11 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for IIT.
Eligibility criteria to apply for IIT-
A candidate must be 12th passed.

A candidate must have minimum 75% of marks in class 12th.

A candidate must have minimum 18 years of age.

A candidate can attempt the IIT exam only for 3 times.
31st August 2017, 08:08 PM
sanju0770

Hello friend,

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology.

Yes you can definitely get into IIT with a preparation of 1 year. IIT exam is conducted every year and if you really want to crack it then you have to work hard from day 1.

you have to make a timetable and give proper time to each subject you have to make sure that you work on your weaker area.

Both options are available for you like if you want to go for coaching then you can select a nice Coaching Centre for yourself and if you want to prepare on your own then you have to strictly follow a study plan.

Now a days students start preparing for IIT as early as possible and let me tell you that it is very tough to clear the exam in just one year. You have to work really hard and sincerely in order to get admission in IIT.

I would recommend You to follow some nice YouTube channels where you will get all the related information regarding IIT and all your queries will be solved.

It's nice to prepare alone but you have to keep an eye over time management and your errors as well. You can subscribe to online study exams and check your performance with fellow aspirants.

Best coaching colleges are

Bansal
Aakash
Resonance
FIITJEE

HOPE IT WILL HELP
15th September 2017, 07:54 PM
sapphire1

Yes, of course, you can apply for the JEE after 1 year preparation. And that is good that you have given your 1 year for preparation of the JEE exam. JEE exam is conducted for admission in B.Tech. And it is very important to score good marks in it to get a best university or college for B.Tech.

Eligibility criteria for JEE:
Candidate should have 12th with PCM that is Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with minimum 60% marks from a recognized board or university.
The age of the candidate should be above 18 years and one candidate allows 3 attempts to clear JEE.

If you want to do B.Tech then it is important to score good marks in JEE exam after that you will get a good college or university for B.Tech and there you may get a good job through campus placement.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?