11th October 2011, 07:40 AM
srinet08

Preparation required to join masters degree in geology in IIT?

Dear sir,

i am a first year student of b.sc(geology).i would like to join master degree in geology in indian institute of technology(iit) after completed my ug.
Please let me know what are all the preparation i have to do for the entrance exam and where the best coaching centers available i am studying in tirchy national college.

Thanking you,

yours truly,
c. Srikanth

Related Questions:
  1. Which field is better for me for Masters Degree between Forensic Science and Archaeology after completion of B.Sc in Geology? Procedure to get admission for this course?
  2. Can I apply for IIT-JAM(Geology/Geophysics) if having Physics in 3rd & 4th semesters of B.Sc(Geology)? Books for preparation of this exam? Which one has better scope between Geology and Geophysics?
  3. How can I join MSc in geology?
  4. Can I do masters in petroleum geology after completion of bachelors degree in Geography?
  5. Books to be referred for IIT JAM Geology? I am pursuing BSc in Geology
  6. Which are the colleges offering degree of masters of physiotherapy in Delhi?
  7. Universities for Masters in Geology from abroad? How to apply, eligibility criteria & scholarships?
  8. List of books and their writers for preparation of IIT JAM exam for M.Tech in Geophysics?
  9. List of Universities offering Masters in Geology in Distance Learning?
  10. Which Masters Degree is a better choice for me to join after completion of B.Sc in IT?
  11. List of best colleges for degree in Geology?
  12. Details about masters degree by correspondence on Archaeology or History or Geology? -- [New]
  13. What is the minimum marks percentage required in masters degree for doing Ph.D course?
  14. What is the minimum qualification required to do Ph.D?
  15. Can I apply for MCA course after completion of Graduation in BA?
  16. Am i eligible for IFS with B.Sc. (Zoology) qualification?
  17. Can I do Ph.D after completing BCA?
  18. How can I start preparation for IIT JEE from home? Which books are helpful?pful? -- [Most Discussed]
4th December 2011, 12:30 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Preparation required to join masters degree in geology in IIT?

Hello friend,
The Department of Earth Science, IIT Bombay, offers masters in applied geology.
To be eligible for the program, you must score a minimum of 60% in the BSc examination.
You must have studied any of the major science subjects in your BSc program.
You must have studied Maths in the +2 level.
To pursue the course, you will have to qualify Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM).

For complete information, click here.
26th January 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Preparation required to join masters degree in geology in IIT?

Dear Sir,
I am a student of XI standard under CBSE.
How to pursue the course in Palaeontology in India.

Thanking you,
Yours truly

Pranil Basu
26/01/14
Kolkata.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?