10th December 2016, 06:56 PM
bithi dey

When should I start preparing for IIT exam? Best Coaching Institutes and Books for preparation

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my graduation with B.Sc and I am in the 2nd year of the course. I want to apply for IIT so I want to know when can I start preparing for IIT exam? Best Coaching Institutes and Books for preparation? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I do preparation for IAS exam after completing B.Sc? Do I have to join any Coaching Institutes for preparation?
  2. How can I start preparation for IIT JEE from home? Which books are helpful?pful?
  3. How to prepare for GATE to secure seat in IIT? Suitable books and coaching classes in Hyderabad for preparation?
  4. Physics book for preparation of IIT-JAM? Should I start preparing from now if studying in 11th standard?
  5. IIT exam coaching centres in Pune? How to start preparing for it?
  6. When can we start preparing for IAS exam? Books for preparation for IAS?
  7. Which is the best Coaching Institute in Kolkata for Biotechnology entrance exam (IIT JAM) preparation? -- [New]
  8. How should I start preparation for GATE Exam to get into NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of ECE stream?
  9. From where to find online coaching institutes for IES(Civil) preparation? Which books should be followed?
  10. List out the best coaching institutes for IIT JAM Physics entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Books to be referred for IIT?
  12. How to start GATE preparation without Coaching? Best books for it?
  13. List of top coaching centers for IIT-JEE preparation? How may I get information about online coaching exam preparation(Kota)?
  14. Is it necessary to take coaching for JEE MAIN preparation?
  15. Should I start preparing now for IAS after graduation? Do I need to join coaching?
  16. How to prepare for Group II exam? How to proceed to start preparation? Which coaching is the best in Hyderabad? Books to be referred?
  17. How can I start preparation for GRE if pursuing B.Tech(CSE) 1st year? Suitable books for preparation?
  18. Need guidance for preparation of IIT-JEE entrance? List best books for the study purpose?
12th December 2016, 02:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When should I start preparing for IIT exam? Best Coaching Institutes and Books for preparation

The admission in Indian Institute of Technology is done on basis of rank in Joint Entrance Examination Advanced stage. JEE is conducted by CBSE and has two stages. First stage is JEE Main and next stage is JEE Advanced. There are three consecutive attempts for JEE Main and two for JEE Advanced including one in year in which you appear for 10+2 board exams.

As you are in second year of bachelor's degree in science, you are no longer eligible for JEE Advanced which means you can not get admission in IIT for Bachelor of Technology course.

If you are interested to pursue Master of Technology then you should pursue Master of science after B.Sc then apply for GATE exam and clear it to get admission in M.Tech course.
13th December 2016, 07:29 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When should I start preparing for IIT exam? Best Coaching Institutes and Books for preparation

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology. You are pursuing second year of bachelor's degree in Science, it clearly indicates that you are not eligible for Joint Entrance Examination due to limit on number of attempts in this exam.

1. Number of attempts for JEE Main: Three attempts in 10+2 board examination year and next two in coming consecutive years.

2. Number of attempts for JEE Advanced: Two consecutive attempts, one in 10+2 board examination year and one in next year.

IIT admission in Bachelor of technology is on JEE Advanced exam rank. You can not apply for JEE Advanced as your number of attempts are over and hence you can not get admission in IITs for B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?