16th February 2017, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a pilot with height of 5.2?

Hello sir I'm SHIVALINGA M AINAPUR from HAVERI I'm studying 1st PUC with PCMB. My height is 5.2 but l have power in my eyes. So, can I pass medical test? My interesting job is pilot. Please I joining the pilot. Please give me advice.

16th February 2017, 06:11 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Default Re: Can I become a pilot with height of 5.2?

According to the medical fitness your one eye should be perfect ,i.e., in medical terminology it is called 6/6 eyesight. Your other could be imperfect but should be near about 6/9 which is curable.
If you are planning to become a pilot in Indian Force then you have to strong both academically and physically because IAF is very strict.
Minimum height : 162.5 cms with correlated weight, Leg Length : Min – 99 cms. Max – 120 cms.Thigh Length : Max – 64 cms.Sitting Height : Min – 81.5 cms.Max – 96 cms
16th February 2017, 07:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For becoming a pilot the minimum height required is 5 foot 4 inches. Hence, on the basis of your height, it seems you will face difficulty in getting selected. Selection will be on the basis of various factors and you must fulfill all the points.

If you are looking for air force pilot, then 163 cms is the minimum height required for them. Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and SSB interview through NDA exam.
16th February 2017, 08:53 PM
eSolution
Junior Member+

Pilot is one of the reputed profession in the world and is the highest paid salary job in India. The eligibility criteria to become a pilot is

Your age should be more than 16 years
you must passed your class 12th standard with physics, chemistry, maths as a compulsory subjects.

You must pass the medical fitness test
Along with all that your minimum height should be 5 feet 4 inch and maximum is 6 feet 5 inch
16th February 2017, 10:08 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

Height criteria to become a pilot:

Minimum height : 162.5 cms with correlated weight,
Leg Length : Min – 99 cms.
Max – 120 cms.
Thigh Length : Max – 64 cms.
Sitting Height : Min – 81.5 cms.Max – 96 cms.
16th February 2017, 10:36 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To become a Pilot the candidate must have completed his 10+2 with PCM from a recognized board and have to give AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) for that candidate must have completed his graduation with physics and maths. The candidate must be Indian citizen and must be unmarried male and the age must be in between 19-23 years. The minimum height eligibility is 162.5 centimetres, which is 5.4 and the weight should be according to height. The male candidate must have his chest in proportionate with the minimum expansion capability of 0.5 centimetres. The eyesight must be 6/6 for better eye and for worst eye it must be 6/9.
16th February 2017, 11:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for the Pilot training course as your height is not satisfying with the required eligibility criteria.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for Pilot course, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria for Pilot Training:-

Candidates must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent from a recognised Board.
Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and Physics in 10+2 level.
Candidates age must be in between 19 to 23 years to start Pilot Training.
Candidates height must be above 162.5 cm.
17th February 2017, 01:22 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in Flying Training Schools if you fulfill the below mentioend eligibilioty critaeria;

> Your age should not be below between 16.5-19.5 years.

> You should have studied Maths, Physics, and English in your 10th and 12th.

You will have to pass a medical test so conducted by DGCA.

You will have to have a PPL(Pupil pilot License) first but clearing exam conducted by DGCA, followed by CPL(Commercial Pilot License).

Therefore, if you fulfil the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you will be mot eligible to apply for the post.
17th February 2017, 11:53 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir I'm SHIVALINGA M AINAPUR from HAVERI I'm studying 1st PUC with PCMB. My height is 5.2 but l have power in my eyes. So, can I pass medical test? My interesting job is pilot. Please I joining the pilot. Please give me advice.

The height required to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force is 162.5 cms for those candidates going through CDS entry and for NDA aspirants it is 152 cms. If you satisfy the above condition then you are eligible to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force.
For commercial pilot the minimum height required will be 164 cms usually. You can contact the training institutions for exact details. There are also other physical requirements needed to become a pilot. You should be physically and mentally fit to fly. Your eye sight should be 6/6. These are some of the conditions required to become pilot in India.
17th February 2017, 02:43 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a pilot you should have completed your 12th standard with PCM subjects and should have scored minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. Your age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years and should be an unmarried Indian male candidate. You should have perfect eyesight and can wear glasses, but that also up to a certain range.

I have attached a link below where you will be able to find the details regarding the vision ability of a pilot and also regarding the glasses. Hence, if your eye power is in between the given range then you may pass the medical test.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pilot_vision.pdf(215.4 KB, 39 views)
17th February 2017, 09:10 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for the Pilot recruitment. The minimum height required for the post is 162.5 cms and as you have mentioned your height is 5.2 feet and when it is converted to cms your height is around 159 cms and based on the criteria I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to become Pilot.
6th September 2018, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

My height is 5.5 so what should be the weight if I want to be a part of Indian air Force?
9th September 2018, 09:03 PM
ritesh0691

You can get admission in Flying Training Schools if you fulfill the below mentioend eligibilioty critaeria:
>>Candidates must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent from a recognised Board.

>>Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and Physics in 10+2 level.

>>Candidates age must be in between 19 to 23 years to start Pilot Training.

>>Minimum height : 162.5 cms with correlated weight,

>>the Leg Length : Min – 99 cms.

>>the leg length Max – 120 cms.

>>Thigh Length : Max – 64 cms.

>>Sitting Height : Min – 81.5 cms.Max – 96 cms.
29th January 2022, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a pilot with a height of 161cm?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?