20th September 2016, 08:38 PM
adarsh k goutam

Can I join to become Indian Airforce Fighter Pilot with 160 cm height?

My height is 160 cm. I want to become a Fighter Pilot in Indian Airforce
and recently I have completed my Graduation with 68% in Computer Science stream. So, with this height I can join?

21st September 2016, 02:28 AM
mentor4u

Default Re: Can I join to become Indian Airforce Fighter Pilot with 160 cm height?

You have not mentioned your age.

#There is Height-Weight criteria according to age for joining Indian Air Force.
But as you have mentioned that you have recently completed your graduation means
your age will be 20 or more.

#for age range 18-22 minimum required height is 152 cm and min. weight should be 47 kg and for age 23-27 minimum required height is 152 cm and min. weight should be 50 kg.

You are eligible for applying to Indian Air Force to become a Fighter pilot with this stream in graduation.

All the Best
21st September 2016, 09:39 AM
stutiswet2

Default Re: Can I join to become Indian Airforce Fighter Pilot with 160 cm height?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh k goutam View Post
and recently I have completed my Graduation with 68% in Computer Science stream. So, with this height I can join?
Yes, you can apply for IAF Pilot as your height is 160 cms. You have to apply for AFCAT exam. Minimum required height for AFCAT Exam is 157.5 cms. As your height is 160 cms, so you are eligible to apply for AFCAT exam and join to become Pilot.
21st September 2016, 10:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh k goutam View Post
If you fulfill below given criteria, then you are eligible for Indian Air Force as a Fighter pilot through CDS exam exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
21st September 2016, 02:31 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join IAF to become Indian Air Force Fighter Pilot with 160 cm height as the minimum height required is 157 cm.

There are two ways to join the Flying Branch and eventually become a Fighter Pilot of IAF :-

* NDA Entry (after 12th Science with PCM subjects)

* After Graduation (any 3 or 4 years long Graduation course along with 12th standard Science stream with PCM subjects)

One can become pilot through NDA exam,clearing which have to undergo a 3 year training at NDA, Khadakwasla, followed by flying training at Air Force Training establishments. After which the candidate will be commissioned as "permanent commission officers" and may be posted as pilots at any Air Force station.

Eligibility for NDA Entry :-

Academic qualification :10+2 in Science stream with Physics and Mathematics subjects.

Age limit : 16½ to 19½ years

After Graduation (CDSE, AFCAT ,SSC and NCC entry modes):

Through CDSE (for men only)

After clearing the CDSE in order to join Air Force Academy (AFA), the candidate is kept under training from AFA, and get permanent commission as pilots.

Through NCC Special entry (for men only)

The candidate can apply to the Flying Branch of the Indian Air Force if holds an Air Wing Senior Division ’C’ Certificate of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) . Only men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

Through AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)

This exam allows both men and women to get into the flying branch for Short Service Commission (SSC) i.e. for 14 years.
21st September 2016, 06:01 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

There is no problem with your height. The problem is your subjects. As for being an Air Force Pilot you should complete your graduation with physics and mathematics. So I am very sorry to say but you are not eligible for this job. Thanks
26th April 2018, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir my height is 158.5.this height is acceptable in flying branch as a pilot in IAF .my age is 20 and i am in Btech 2nd year Branch Aeronautical engineering student .please tell me sir.
6th April 2021, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

my height is 158 cm and currently I'm in 10th grade
can I become a fighter pilot in IAF as a girl
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?