24th June 2015, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Can i change my engineering stream after first year completion?

Sir, can i change my engineering stream after 1st year?

24th June 2015, 08:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i change my engineering stream after first year completion?

No, you cannot change your stream in Engineering course after completion of your first year. The selection of stream should be decided before taking admission in first year of Engineering course. No college/university allows you to change from one stream to another stream in Engineering course. So, you need to continue pursue your Engineering course with the same stream.
25th June 2015, 12:51 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change your engineering stream after first year completion.
You have to visit your examination cell of your college and write an application to the principle and submit the required documents like photocopy of your college id card. Examination cell will help you in changing your engineering stream.
25th June 2015, 02:37 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is very much possible to change your stream after first year in B.Tech provided you will have to follow some steps for it.

> You should contact your HOD and higher officials and give them the application with a valid reason to change stream.

> You will probably have to score quite good marks in order to be most eligible to be allowed to change your stream.

> You should not have a any backlog papers in your first year.

Once your reason is accepted and you do score well in your 1st year, you will be allowed to change your stream.

NOTE: Candidates changing their stream will not be allowed to revert back to their initial stream or any other, moreover admission to a different stream will only be allowed if there is any vacant seats available in the prospective department you are interested in.
25th June 2015, 09:21 AM
Sam James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, can i change my engineering stream after 1st year?
No after 1st year there is no option to change stream. At the first year ending all universities give an option for students to switch streams among the same college. But the application should be given before the end of first year itself. Also the number of seats available at the respective branch is also dependent.
26th June 2015, 10:22 PM
kunalroy89

It varies from college to college.Many colleges do not have this option but some does have.But that also depends on your performance in the end semester exams and the availability of vacant seats in the specific branch.One needs to confirm the process from the administrative department of your college and then complete the formalities.But all the procedures needs to be done before the first semester probably.Better check with the administrative or examination section of your college in person.
31st May 2019, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Can i change my engineering stream after 1 year failed ...i want to do commerce ? Can i change my stream engineering to commerce
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?