7th August 2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my stream from CSE to ECE?

sir , in my college after final allotment there are 5 vacant seats left in ECE.
our class is not start yet.
is it possible to change my stream now or I have to wait till the end of 1st year.
my college is jalpaiguri govt. engineering college.

20th November 2012, 03:48 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I change my stream from CSE to ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir , in my college after final allotment there are 5 vacant seats left in ECE.
our class is not start yet.
is it possible to change my stream now or I have to wait till the end of 1st year.
my college is jalpaiguri govt. engineering college.
Dear,

It does not matter whether any seat is left or not. Your admission is based on your qualification and it cannot be changed before your 2nd semester. In B.tech the course of 1st year is not related with course of any branch. It is just a bit detail of what you have learnt in your 11th and 12th.

Actual study start from 2nd year so it does not matter if you are in CSE or ECE in first year , You will have to study the same. After 1st year if your marks will be good and without back you will be eligible to change your branch.

You will have to write an application to your HOD and then he will change your branch if you will be eligible.

I don't think if you are in CSE you need to change to ECE as CSE students get better job opportunity in private than ECE students. But for government job ECE get better opportunity than CSE.

Also if you have interest in ECE you can go for it without any problem.

All the best!
24th December 2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

i want change my stream from ece to civil. how many points i have to grab in my first two semester??
30th November 2014, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I want to change from Electrical to Computer science.!! What pointer should I get in my first to sems so that I could lateral change my branch..??? Help me please
15th August 2021, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Sir in first phase seat allotment i got seat in govt polytechnic but I got civil engineering but i want cse can i change my course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?