3rd January 2018, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BHM without accountancy or not?

I am in 12th. I have dropped accounts for some reason. I want to do hotel management. I can do BHM without accountancy or not?

4th January 2018, 10:45 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BHM without accountancy or not?

BHM stands for Bachelor of Hotel management which is an undergraduate course and it has a course span of 3 to 4 years long. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard in any discipline from a recognized board are eligible for the course. Candidates who have completed their diploma in hotel management after 12th are also eligible for the same. So, it is not necessary to have accountancy in order to pursue BHM course.
4th January 2018, 12:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 12th. I have dropped accounts for some reason. I want to do hotel management. I can do BHM without accountancy or not?

Yes, you can do Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) without accountancy subject in 10+2. Eligibility to study the BHM is a pass in 10+2 in any stream or equivalent examinations with at least 45% marks. Admission to the course is done on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying examinations, interview and group discussion in some colleges. You can study the course in the following colleges in India;

Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Administration - Official Website

Vel’s School of Hotel Management - Official Website

SRM Institute of Hotel and Catering Management - Official Website

GD Goenka University - Official Website
4th January 2018, 03:30 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, definitely you can do BHM course after completion of your 12th standard without accountancy. In order to be eligible for BHM course, a candidate must have completed 12th standard in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board.
5th January 2018, 04:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much happy to tell you that definitely you can opt for BHM course after the completion of class 12th without Accountancy as a subject.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination in any discipline form a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Bachelors degree in Hotel Management.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?