16th February 2017, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission a DU (top 5 colleges), having 95% marks in PCB stream?

My combined percentage of PCB is 95% and I want to take admission in DU (in top 5 colleges) in MSc (hons) with zoology as subject and I am in SC category is it possible to take admission in DU?

16th February 2017, 08:33 PM
eSolution
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission a DU (top 5 colleges), having 95% marks in PCB stream?

The eligibility criteria to get admission in DU
1. The candidate must pass class 12th standard from a recognized board
2.The minimum percentage of marks is (in four subjects) -
a. General category- 60%
b. Obc-54% (including maths)
c. SC/ST Category -Passing Marks(including Maths)
16th February 2017, 10:12 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission a DU (top 5 colleges), having 95% marks in PCB stream?

The minimum marks required to take admission in MSC is 60% for general candidate and for reserved candidate it is 55%. As you have scored 95% which is quite impressive so you can get admission in any top colleges which is affiliated with Delhi University.
16th February 2017, 11:03 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can get admission in top 5 Colleges in DU with the above mentioned marks which you have scored in PCB stream in class 12th.
Since you have scored 95% of marks, you can definitely get admission in the reputed Colleges of DU.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board with scoring above 70% of marks in it are eligible to get admission in top Colleges of DU.
17th February 2017, 01:12 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am not sure whether you will be getting admission or not with the marks you have scored as getting admission in DU is quite tough. However, I would ask to wait for the list to be displayed and see whether you are able to get admission or not.
17th February 2017, 05:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have good chance of getting admission in top 5 colleges under DU, if you have got 95% marks in PCB stream. Being a SC category candidate also makes your chances brighter because cut off is generally low for this category.

Hence, apply for admission, when there is an admission notification. You definitely have a good chance on the basis of your marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?