22nd November 2017, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue Dermatology after Bachelors degree in Biotechnology?

Respected Sir/Madam, can I pursue dermatology after completing my bachelors degree in biotechnology? I am a UG student studying BSC biotechnology. Can I opt for any medical lines without giving NEET like are there any courses for medical where you can study directly without giving NEET. I have a wish to study dermatology.

Related Questions:
22nd November 2017, 10:52 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I pursue Dermatology after Bachelors degree in Biotechnology?

If you want to do your further study in dermatology after completing bachelors degree in biotechnology, then best option for you is post graduate diploma in dermatology. Here below are details regarding PG diploma course in dermatology:-

- Minimum qualification required to apply for post graduate diploma in dermatology is bachelors degree in relevant stream from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

- Duration of post graduate diploma in dermatology is 2 years.

List of Institutes Offer PG Diploma in Dermatology:-
  1. Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University, Puducherry
  2. Dr. BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
  3. University of Delhi, Delhi
  4. Pariyaram Medical College, Kerala
  5. Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
23rd November 2017, 11:53 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much sorry to say that you cannot pursue the course of Dermatology after the completion of Bachelors degree in Biotechnology as you are not eligible for it.
Candidates those who have completed their MBBS course from a recognized University are only eligible to opt for the MD in Dermatology course.
The duration of the above mentioned course is of 2 years.

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for MBBS course without qualifying in the NEET examination. There is no such provision of it.
23rd November 2017, 05:22 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to do Dermatology course without qualifying NEET entrance exam. Candidates those who are willing to do MBBS (Dermatology)/MD course must have to qualify NEET entrance exam so as to take admission for the same. In order to be eligible for NEET exam, you must have completed 12th standard with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
22nd October 2020, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I'm I eligible to do dermatology after my bachelor's degree in pcm(physics, chemistry and mathematics)?
16th January 2021, 06:48 PM
Mayuri haria

I am sorry to say a you can not pursue dermatology after completing your b tech as you need to qualify in NEET exam
The requirements for it is is to do MBBS and then you can be qualified for the course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?