9th January 2018, 10:02 AM
Lalithsaikumar

Pharmacy graduate can pursue MD in Dermatology?

After completion of my B.Pharmacy, can I do MD in Dermatology? Is it possible to do so in any way?

11th April 2018, 02:14 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Pharmacy graduate can pursue MD in Dermatology?

Eligibility criteria to do MD in Dermatology"-

Candidate should have obtained an MBBS degree from a recognised institution by the Medical Council of India .

Candidate should have completed a one year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final Professional Examination.

Admission process:-

Admission is based on a national level entrance test (NEET)

Candidates who have secured the qualifying percentile for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test ( NEET) are eligible.

Top colleges for doing MD Dermatology :

Doctor of Medicine in Tamil Nadu

Doctor of Medicine in Maharashtra

Doctor of Medicine in Kerala

Doctor of Medicine in Karnataka

MD in Delhi-NCR

MD in Maharashtra.
11th April 2018, 02:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

First of all let me that if you want to do MD then you must have done MBBS or BDS degree with minimum 55% of marks. And as you want to pursue the matter logi in that case you have to be a graduate from a recognised College of Medicine. That would be wastage of time so I would like to tell you that if you have completed your pharmacy then you should either opt for Masters course or for a job.
12th April 2018, 10:33 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

First of all let me tell you that MD in Dermatology can be done after completing MBBS course and as you have done your Pharmacy Course, hence you are not eligible for this course.
Still if you want to pursue this course then you have to qualify the MBBS entrance examination and after that you have to do 5 Year Course in MBBS and after that you will be eligible to do this course.
So,this would be just a wastage of times. So, you should not go in this direction, you should go for MSc in pharmacy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?