20th June 2017, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I study agriculture after intermediate with MPC stream?

I have completed intermediate MPC with 80% after intermediate I have studied TTC, but agriculture is my favorite field. Can I study agriculture courses. Am I eligible for that course, which course is suitable for me? Please sir give advice.

20th June 2017, 10:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study agriculture after intermediate with MPC stream?

Having completed your Class 12th i.e; Intermediate degree with MPC group with 80% marks you are certainly eligible for pursuing agriculture degree course i.e; B.Sc in Agriculture which is a three year undergraduate degree course with good scope.4

For your information I would like to let you know that for pursuing B.Sc in Agriculture degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Agriculture as main subjects with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board of education.

Further to pursue B.Sc in Agriculture from ICAR recognized college you need to qualify entrance examinations like AIEEA UG or State CET. For more details regarding AIEEA UG you can visit the link www.icar.org.in where as for details regarding different state CETs you can visit their respective official link.
20th June 2017, 11:54 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue Agriculture course after successful completion of Intermediate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics streams.

There is a certain minimum educational qualification required in order to be eligible.

The basic educational qualification required for joining Agriculture course is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern with

@ Physics,
@ Chemistry,
@ Biology or
@ Mathematics,
@ English subjects.

As you are done with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to do this Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering course.
21st June 2017, 03:26 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

You can study B.Sc(Agriculture) if you fulfill the below mentioned criteria;

Candidate's minimum educational qualification should not be below 12th standard from a recognized board and should have studied PCM or PCB in 12th standard.
21st June 2017, 02:00 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to opt for B.Sc Agriculture as because you haven't studied Biology/Botany in your 12th standard.
In order to take B.Sc Agriculture, a candidate must have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Botany as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks form a recognized board.
21st June 2017, 04:53 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed intermediate MPC with 80% after intermediate I have studied TTC, but agriculture is my favorite field. Can I study agriculture courses. Am I eligible for that course, which course is suitable for me? Please sir give advice.

Sorry, you are not eligible to study agriculture course after completion of Intermediate with MPC stream. Eligibility to study BSc Agriculture is a pass in 10+2 or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with 50% (60% in some colleges) marks. Admission to the course is done on the basis of an entrance examination conducted by the agriculture university in some states. Duration of the course is four years. The course is available in various agricultural colleges in India. Therefore, you are not eligible to study agriculture graduation after completion of intermediate with MPC stream.
21st June 2017, 04:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Sc Agriculture course from a recognised university.

The eligibility to pursue course is candidate must have passed 12th with PCM or PCB as main paper from a recognised board.

So, you can appear for examination conducted by different institutes for admission in government colleges and private institutions.

To get admission in central government colleges you have to qualify in AIEEA examination conducted by ICAR.
22nd June 2017, 02:33 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot study Agricultural course at this instant after the completion of Intermediate with a subject combination of PCM as you have not studied Biology as a subject in your class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board studying Biology as a subject in class 12th with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for Agricultural course further.
22nd June 2017, 09:48 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in entrance examination conducted for admission in your interested course ( B.Sc Agriculture).

To get admission you have to appear as well as have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by respective institute.

The eligibility to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture course is that candidate must have passed or appearing in 12th from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics as main paper.
22nd June 2017, 10:16 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For agriculture degree course, you need to have studied maths, physics and chemistry. Hence, you are definitely eligible for it. Just be prepared for entrance exam.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and admission will be on the basis of rank.
22nd June 2017, 12:34 PM
Vaishali@1998

Yes you can do agriculture even you done your 12 with PCM. But as compared to a Bio student you have to do hard work. In agriculture there are many future scope. In agriculture further you have two options BSC in forestry or horticulture. By doing this, you can become forest officer or even you can start your own business (horticulture). You can even do jobs in industrial areas.
22nd June 2017, 10:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, you can't apply for B.Sc course in Agriculture.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCMB from a recognized university are eligible for B.Sc in Agriculture.

Your age should be above 16 years.
28th June 2017, 02:29 PM
yamram

Hi
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing degree in agriculture is that you should have Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 (with English, Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology or Forestry) OR 10+2 or Intermediate (Agriculture).
So, yes PCM combination student can also pursue degree in agriculture. The different courses which you can pursue are B.Sc (HONS) Agriculture (4 years), B.Sc (HONS) Horticulture(4 years) after your 12th standard.
You can also opt for Diploma program which is Diploma in Plant Protection and Pesticide Management (1 year).
It will be advisable if you do your degree from a well known university and that provides prime placement opportunity, outstanding industrial exposure and professional enhancement training. I can enlist some university for your help - Lovely Professional University,Punjab Agriculture University, Desh Bhagat University,etc.
1st July 2017, 11:40 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Yes you can do Agriculture Engineering and BSc agriculture after 12th PCM
6th June 2020, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

What type of jobs may get after bsc(agriculture)
...MPC
8th September 2020, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm mpc students and I'm pass with 80percent score can I eligible for ag BSC
17th September 2020, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

I'm a mpc candidate in inter I got 93 percentage in my state exam .can I have a choice to go to agriculture diploma
21st March 2021, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

I am mpc student but my dream to become agriculuture services to do as a job,so i am eligible to do
9th August 2021, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

What is the best way to do after inter
24th June 2022, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th passed in 56% I am eligible from these course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?